Chapter 15: To protect you

Jeongguk stepped out of the shower wrapping a towel on his waist. Luckily, he shifted some of his clothes before only so it won't be a problem for him to change into new clothes.

But, he certainly had to use Taehyung's products to shower like his shower gel and shampoo making him smell like strawberries, like Taehyung.
And boy, he loved it.

He smiled to himself as he puts on his briefs and sweat pants. He forgot to bring his T-shirt in the bathroom, as a habit because he had an attached bathroom in his room when he was staying at Namjoon's.

He opens the door to the bathroom and steps out with the towel now hanging loosely around his neck, as he uses it to dry his hair.

His eyes travel towards Taehyung who was folding the blanket and putting it on the side of the sofa, in the living room. He stops in his track when he notices that Taehyung was in a cute oversized shirt and shorts, making him look.... cute and hot at the same time?

Taehyung after putting the blanket at its place looks up to see Jeongguk staring at him. His cheeks immediately turn red for the nth time that day, after he notices that Jeongguk was in nothing but his sweat pants.

Taehyung has obviously seen Jeongguk like this before and like even more than this... But it has been three years since then...

So he can't help but stare at now-even-more-built-up body of Jeongguk with his cherry red cheeks.

He unwillingly breaks the eye contact with Jeongguk and says," I-I have prepared the soup for you, it's on the table... You can have it while it's hot."

Jeongguk also clears his throat and says, "ok t-thanks... I'll just put on a T-shirt and come."

He dashes inside his room almost immediately making Taehyung stand there dumbfounded.

❤️❤️

"Today's Friday right?" Jeongguk asks Taehyung, as they now sit across each other on the table while Jeongguk haves the delicious soup made by Taehyung (that he missed a lot) and Taehyung just continues eating the chips from the packet, busy in his phone.

"Yesh" Taehyung says his mouth full of chips, as he nods looking up from his phone.

"Hmm I was thinking maybe I should shift this weekend. I even talked with Namjoon hyung on call regarding this. And he said that it's ok. Hmm." He nods to himself as if he was just voicing out his thoughts randomly in front of the other.

"Oh that's great. If you need any help I am there..." Taehyung mumbles softly now digesting the fact that him and Jeongguk will start living together from now on.

"Hmm... " Jeongguk says again focusing on eating/drinking the soup...
(Do you eat a soup or drink it lol? )

He also comes to a realisation that now his days and nights will be spent with Taehyung being around him.

And he certainly will have a chance to confront him about everything. But right now knowingly or unknowingly, he doesn't want to scare Taehyung or make the situation more awkward.

They both are mature enough to not hold each other by their necks just because they are each other's ex boyfriend.

That's why they both are not bringing their past in between.

But he surely knows a day will come when they will have to talk things out. Maybe not today but soon it will come...

❤️❤️

It was around 2 am in the middle of the night when Taehyung came out of the room to use washroom.

But as soon as he steps out he spots a figure sitting on the sofa in the living room with lights off... He goes near the figure and realizes that it was Jeongguk...

"J-Jeongguk what are you doing here?? Don't you want to sleep??" He asks.

"..... "
No reply.

"Jeongguk?? G-Gukk??" He asks again as he now puts a hand on his shoulder. He gets shocked when he sees Jeongguk turn his face around. His eyes blood shot red and face devoid of any emotions...

"Oh my god are you ok Jeongguk!? What happen-"

"Why did you leave me Tae?? I gave you all my love and you just... Just left me?? Why baby, why?? Jeongguk asks, his voice broken. He forcefully tugs Taehyung's wrist and makes him sit near him.

" I-" Taehyung looks down.

"Speak up!"

" I-I had no other choice G-Gukkie... I had to protect you... That's why I left you... I am sorry... So so sorry... " Taehyung replies tears rolling down his cheeks.

"NO! You are lying! You left me because you didn't love me! You just used me and my love and then threw me away like a...like a rag doll! And who were you protecting me from, huh!?" Jeongguk exclaims. His face now showing anger.

"It's it's nothing like that Gukkie... I-I love you so so so much!! More than you can i-imagine. But I had to protect you... F-from from..." Taehyung says, his voice trembling. He knew this day would come, but he didn't expect it to come so soon.

"No Tae! You are a liar, a big liar!" Jeongguk interrupts him and grips Taehyung's shoulder tightly.

"N-no G-Gukkie" He continuously shakes his head amd yelps in pain from the venomous grip Jeongguk had on his shoulder.

"Yes you are! I hate you Tae, I hate you so much!!!"

"N-No.. No! No!"

"No!" Taehyung wakes up. He looks around in the dark room. Sweat forming on his forehead.

It was a dream...
But soon it will become a reality... How will I handle everything?? "

Tears start rolling down his cheeks as he lays on the bed again, silently crying alone and mumbling "I am sorry... I am so sorry Gukkie..." repeatedly... It was still raining heavily outside with strong winds disturbing wrecking everything, exactly depicting Taehyung's state of mind.

_______________

Double update in celebration of Golden Maknae's solo! 💜

~Momo💜💜