Chapter 42: The Truth Untold

Jihyo picks up the paper and just as she reads what was written on it, her eyes widen.

Is it true?

She gulps and again looks at the paper in her hands.

"Jihyo are you done? We are starting with the games now!" Hoseok's voice comes from the living room.

"Y-Yeah! I am coming! Just a minute!" She hastily folds the paper and dries her wet dress with towel. She goes out of the room and walks where others were sitting, the paper still folded in her hands.

The group starts to play games... from individual to team games. They were having a lot of fun and Jihyo didn't know what to do with the paper in her hands.

"Ok for the next game I need to keep the track of the score. Please give me a paper and pen" Jimin says. Jeongguk picks a pen from near the television and passes it to Jimin.

"Paper?" Jimin says and then his eyes immediately spot Jihyo's hands.

"Oh Jihyo... you have a paper... pass it to me" But Jihyo looks at him wide eyes and shakes her head.

"Ah... can't you find another one..." She says. Jimin furrows his eyebrows and gets up.

"What's so important in this paper...? And where did you get this?" He forwards his hand. Now everyone's attention was on the twins.

"I told you... It's nothing special... just take another pap- Jimin!" But Jimin had already taken the paper from her... He knew something was up so he couldn't take risk...

He opens the folded piece of paper and the first glance itself makes all the air knock out of his lungs as he rereads each and every word on the paper carefully.

"Jiminie what is it? Why are you looking so shocked?" Taehyung asks.

"Tae- Taehyungie y-you..." Jimin couldn't find words to form a sentence so he looks at Jin who takes the paper from him. A shocked expression also forms on his face...

"Can you guys stop being so suspicious and tell us what it is about Tae?" Jeongguk gets up and walks to them.

"T-Taehyung you were in mental asylum for two years?" Jin's one sentence silences the whole room. Jeongguk stops in his steps and Taehyung widens his eyes as tears well up in them and he looks down.

This is not how everything was supposed to be revealed to Jeongguk. No... he felt so ashamed of himself right now that one cannot even imagine...

"What?" Jeongguk says and snatches the paper from Jin's hand. The paper was the admission form of a mental asylum in Canada... It had Taehyung's picture with his details and diagnosis of a mental disease on it. Jeongguk takes a deep breath and walks up to Taehyung and kneels in front of him taking his hands.

"Is this true Tae?" He asks, as he sees Taehyung closing his eyes and tears fall out of them... But then he opens his eyes and looks at everyone in the room, who were looking at him with eyes that had numerous questions in them. He doesn't say anything and just gets up to walk to his bedroom.

Jeongguk looks at his retreating figure. Never in his dreams had he imagined this to happen... Is this the reason Taehyung left him?

There was silence in the room but then Taehyung comes out with a file and some photos in his hands. The photos were of him and Jeongguk from three years back... He keeps all the things on the table and looks at Jeongguk who was staring at their old photos with nostalgic eyes.

"This was our last photo together... right?" He whispers as both he and Jeongguk touch the photograph. The photo was taken at a photo booth of a fair held in Busan... It was their last date together before drifting apart.

"You two knew each other?" Came Yoongi's question...

"Mhm... very well" Taehyung smiles a bit and nods but his eyes were glossy as his mind flips through the pages of his life that he wanted to burn down forever but now at the same time he wants to read those pages to his loved ones... Maybe that's how he will feel free from the burden of hiding things till now.

To say everyone in the room except Jin and Jimin were shocked would be an understatement... They never ever thought the possibilities of such thing...

"Me and Jeongguk met in Busan when we were 14 and started dating when we were 18... We loved each other... a lot... I couldn't even imagine how my life would be without him in it..." Taehyung takes another picture in his hand. It was selfie taken by them in which Taehyung was hugging the other with the brightest smile ever... Jeongguk looks at him and holds his hand indicating that he was there with him.

"Everything was perfect... We loved each other and were already dating for more than a year and a half... But then...an incident happened that broke me off to the core" He looks back at Jeongguk as a tear slips down his eyes. Jeongguk doesn't say anything and lets Taehyung speak his heart out.

"And I left my love and ran away...from everything...

---------------------------------------------------------

Alright!! I am excited as we have reached the climax!! The next few chapters will cover the backstory and unveil the truth! 

 Also do Check out... 💗😊

Thankies!

~Momo💜