Chapter 27: Tit for Tat

"And then Hoseok just tripped on his way yet again" Jimin laughs while Hoseok just sits on the chair wanting the earth to swallow him rather than sitting here and being embarrassed again.

Taehyung also laughs along with Jimin but when he sees Hoseok he tries to hold it back but then he couldn't control and laughs again. Jimin was telling him about a funny incident that happened yesterday with Hoseok in the dance room.

Currently the friends group was sitting in the canteen. The lunch time was about to get over and they all were chatting with each other after eating their lunch. Well, you can say it was just Jimin telling to Taehyung about everything that happened yesterday when he was absent.

"Yeah yeah laugh all you want... "Hoseok sulks as he sees Yoongi also laughing along with the duo. "Yoongs you too?" He says with a betrayed expression. Soon Jeongguk also joins them, seeing Taehyung laugh made him laugh naturally.

(Whipped boiii (͡≖ ل͜ ͡≖))

In between the laughs Jeongguk and Taehyung make eye contact for a split second, but that was enough to make their heart beats go wild and surroundings become blurry.

Taehyung first looks down with a blush adorning his face as he bites his lips to stop smiling and Jeongguk just looks at him with adoration in his eyes.

He has decided to talk to Taehyung soon. He doesn't want to freak out Taehyung and wants to talk calmly with him... Whatever will be the reason of Taehyung leaving him, he will first try to understand Taehyung's situation.

❤️❤️

The bell rings indicating that the university hours are over... Jeongguk got free from his practice earlier than usual so he changed his practice clothes and walked through the corridor passing by different classes.

Just as he passes by the Arts section his eyes fall on the window of pottery class. He notices Taehyung working on a model sitting alone in the classroom. Jeongguk stops on his steps as he looks at Taehyung, who was now giving finishing touches to his work with his eyes furrowed in concentration and a pair of glasses sitting on his nose bridge.

Jeongguk always wondered how Taehyung got so much charming with each passing day. Oh how much he desired to share this pottery class with Taehyung where he could just stare at him all the while like a stupid teenager all over again...

He unconsciously makes his way inside and walks towards Taehyung. Taehyung who was unaware of Jeongguk's presence in the room picks his finished work and puts it on the table where all the other works were placed. He then turns around but suddenly bumps into Jeongguk who just came and stood behind him. In this while his handprints get imprinted on Jeongguk's white shirt.

Taehyung widens his eyes "I-I am so sorry" He hastily says and looks at Jeongguk just to notice him staring down at him with no signs of anger in his eyes...

"It's ok Tae...I was the one who came and stood behind you suddenly... "Then he notices that how Jeongguk was standing so close to him, trapping him between the table and his body. Their faces were so close and both of them were not even trying to look away from each other's eyes, as if they were just lost in the moment.

Suddenly Jeongguk takes Taehyung's delicate and muddy hand, "Gukk-?" Taehyung asks, feeling his heart beat increase. But he was too late to say as Jeongguk brings the muddy hand in front of his face and then swipes it across Taehyung's cheek...

"It was not your fault but you did make my shirt dirty... So that's your punishment Mr. Artist" Jeongguk says with a playful smirk as Taehyung widens his eyes.

"You-" He says in a fake angry manner and then swipes his muddy hand across both of Jeongguk's cheeks. "Tit for tat" He sticks his tongue out and runs away.

Jeongguk just chuckles to himself. He takes some mud in his hands and runs behind Taehyung, their laughter resonating in the classroom. Being a basketball player had its own perks and so, he caught Taehyung soon by his waist. He hears Taehyung's intoxicating laugh as he again swipes the mud on his other cheek...

"Now it's tit for tat" He whispers in Taehyung's ears. Taehyung's laughter eventually die down as he blushes profusely and looks down. He bites his lips to stop the stupid smile on his face as he looks at Jeongguk who still had his hand on his waist. And yet again they both get lost in each other's eyes...

"Taehyungie are you there?" They both come out of their small world as they hear footsteps approaching them. Taehyung immediately gets out of Jeongguk's hold and looks to the group of people who were coming towards them.

"Jeongguk you are also here? And what happened to your shirt?? And your cheeks!??" Jimin asks as soon as he spots the two in the classroom. Jihyo, Hoseok and Yoongi also look at them with confusion written on their faces.

"Seems like they both had a little mud fight of their own" Hoseok laughs.

"Uhm...actually I accidentally dirtied Jeongguk's shirt and so....he put some mud on my cheeks and then...I also did... So... Yeah" Taehyung says awkwardly trying to scratch the back of his neck but then realizing that his hands were full of mud.

"Oh my gosh you both are just like small kids! Now go and wash up you two" Jimin says like he was their mother and was scolding them for playing in mud.

"Ok mom... Sorry...Jimin" Jeongguk stifles a laughter and rushes out. Taehyung soon follows after.

"You brat!" Jimin shouts after him but then smiles, "At least they are now getting comfortable around each other"

"Yeah so comfortable that Jeongguk carries Taehyung back to his bed when he fell asleep on the dining table" Jihyo scoffs.

"Really!?" Jimin asks with wide eyes.

"They live in the same apartment you guys, they are getting to know each other a little better, that's why we are seeing them more comfortable around each other. That's nothing to freak out... Now come on let's go home, I wanna sleep" Yoongi says with a yawn.

"He's right Jihyo" Hoseok also says making Jihyo's expression one of an annoyed one.

Jeongguk and Taehyung soon come back with muds washed out of their cheeks and hands. Jeongguk's shirt was still dirty but he didn't mind, he let the whole of Taehyung imprint on his soul then some mere handprints on his shirt are nothing.

"Let's go?" Jimin asks and they all proceed towards the main gate of the university.

----------------------------------------------------------

Do comment and vote if you liked the chapter!💜

Thankies!

~Momo💜