Chapter 45: You Are Strong

"After 6 months, I was discharged and came back to Korea... Then I met Jin hyung, joined the university to continue my studies and you know the rest..." Taehyung breathes out... He himself doesn't realize how dry his eyes were from all the tears that spilled out of them.

"It was hard but now it feels good to be alive again you know... to live a normal life with friends and love... We all have some demons in our mind...And I am still trying to fight them every day... But I am hopeful and most importantly... happy..." Taehyung smiles.

There was silence in the room now. Nobody knew what to say.

But Jimin gets up, walks to Taehyung and hugs him tightly, like every time.

"You- you are very strong Taehyungie... Very very strong! I am so happy that I met a person like you in my life" He cries as Taehyung hugs him back.

Before they could back off Jin and Hoseok hug them both and Taehyung laughs. Yoongi and Namjoon shake their heads but also join the hug full of warmth and love.

They all back off with smiles on their faces and then Jihyo comes and stands in front of Taehyung. She takes his hand and says, "I am really sorry for how I treated you earlier... You are really a pure soul Kim... I hope we can be good friends someday"

Taehyung nods with glistening eyes... It is not wrong when people say that you have to be patient and good things will come to you every time...

He looks at Jeongguk who didn't say anything since then... Taehyung furrows his eyebrows but then looks at his friends with a smile. His friends were also waiting for Jeongguk to say something but the latter was just looking at the pictures and reports kept at the table with tears in his eyes.

"Ok... I prepared chocolate cake for all of us... Shall we go and devour it now?" Taehyung says and everyone nod their heads. They all head to the dining table once again... but Jin and Namjoon stay behind with Jeongguk.

They walk to him and sit on either sides beside him.

"Jeongguk... what are you thinking?" Jin asks like a mother would ask her child...
.
.
.

"It's- it's all my fault" Jeongguk cries. Namjoon and Jin widen their eyes and caress the other's back.

"No Jeongguk... it's not your fault. None of it" Namjoon says.

"But if I would have been a little more attentive, none of these would have happened with my Tae" Jeongguk sniffles.

"Jeongguk... Haven't you heard what Tae bear said? What happened has happened... We cannot do anything about it dear... But now you both are together right? And your relationship is even stronger than before..." Jin says firmly, wiping Jeongguk's tears.

"Yes if you want you can apologize once for feeling less guilty... But remember that Taehyung would never want you to blame yourself or anyone for what happened... The only thing he will want from you is your love and support" Namjoon pats Jeongguk's back.

"Thank you both of you... for being there" Jeongguk whispers as Jin and Namjoon hug him.

"Oh god... I really want the cake. Come on Namjoon lets go and eat" Jin says. He gets up and walks to the dining area along with Namjoon. Jeongguk smiles and then looks at where Taehyung and others were. Taehyung was happy and now Jeongguk would do anything to make him even happier than before.

He looks at the photos one more time with a smile, remembering all the moments he spent with his Taehyung...

A plate with a piece of cake on it slides in front of his eyes and he looks to his left to see Taehyung taking a seat beside him. Taehyung looks at him before putting his head on Jeongguk's shoulder. He takes a deep breath before mumbling, "What happened Gukkie? Are you angry that I didn't tell-?"

"Shhh... I am not at all angry..." Jeongguk immediately interrupts him. Taehyung looks up as Jeongguk takes his hand and intertwines their fingers.

"In fact... I am really sorry..."

"Gukkie no-"

"No let me complete Tae... please" Jeongguk now faces the other. Taehyung nods biting his lips.

"I am sorry... I could have stopped all of this from happening to you... I should have been there for you when you needed me the most...And even if you left, I should have searched for you a little more... I should have believed in our love... But all I did was give up when I couldn't find you... Never did I think that how you were... where were you these three years..." Jeongguk sniffles. His eyes were also dry from crying so much.

"I am sorry... I am really really s-sorry Tae... I couldn't even i-imagine how much you had to go through all these years... While I was here blaming you for everything and trying to forget all of our memories and our l-love..." He continues and cries once again leaning his head on Taehyung's shoulder.

"Shhh... please don't cry... it's not your fault..." Taehyung caresses Jeongguk's hairs and back. He then takes the other's face and wipes the tears on them.

Jeongguk can be this vulnerable in front of Taehyung and for Taehyung only.

"Ok... we both made some mistakes and we both really regret them... So what is best for us is to forget them and move on... together. Right?" Taehyung says.

"But I should have-"

"Don't you dare blame yourself again, you bunny... or you are sleeping on the couch tonight" Taehyung looks at him with an I-am-very-serious-right-now-don't-take-it-as-a-joke expression.

"NO! I am not blaming myself now baby. Ok?" Jeongguk immediately says alarmed.

"That's good" Taehyung nods and then sits back leaning on the couch. Jeongguk takes his hand once again.

"But really Tae... I now promise to give every happiness to you... whatever it takes"

Taehyung smiles softly at that.

"And I promise to share everything with you... and never let you down... whatever it takes" He says shifting closer to Jeongguk, who doesn't say anything but closes the gap between them by kissing the other. Their friends looking at them and hoot.

They both smile into the kiss. And now finally Taehyung felt life coming back into him once again. He felt relieved.

"I love you Gukkie" He whispers.

"I love you too Tae

◆ THE END ◆◊

 So yeah... this is the end and now I will finally mark the story as complete. Only the epilogues are left.

Sorry if the end was abrupt :( I wanted to have a beautiful and more detailed ending but I decided to keep that for the epilogues... 

Now I will focus more on uploading 'Ditto' and one more story that I am working on...

So stay tuned💜

I'll see you in the epilogues!💗

Do vote and comment if you liked the last chapter...

~Momo💜