Chapter 16: A friend in need is a friend indeed

Soft wind blows after a whole night full of rain shower. The sun now peeks through the clouds and the sunshine enters from the open curtains, kissing the face of a sleeping bunny like human.

Jeongguk wriggles a bit from the light but wakes up eventually. He really slept well yesterday night. Maybe it was because he had relaxed himself by taking the hot shower or maybe just maybe Taehyung's presence in the next room made him sleep peacefully.

He gets off his bed and makes a bee line towards the washroom to freshen up. Just as he walks out of his room, he decides to check Taehyung once in his room.

He might be sleeping...

He opens the door to his room and sees Taehyung sleeping soundly like a baby rolled up in a ball... His whole body was covered in blanket...

But...
just one foot sticking out...
like always.

Some things never change...

Jeongguk chuckles remembering how he always used to put Tae's foot inside the blanket but that damn foot always stayed outside.

This time also when he puts Taehyung's foot inside the blanket, it sticks out once again as Taehyung whines sleepily with a pout.

Jeongguk not wanting to wake up Taehyung exits the room quietly and decides to make breakfast after freshening up. He thinks to start working out as soon as he is done with shifting properly.

❤️❤️

Taehyung wakes up after about 2 hours... He was not able to sleep properly as he cried thinking about the dream again and again that his eyes hurt now... He wants to sleep more but decides to wake up and eat something as he was hungry.

So he makes his way towards the bathroom first and freshens up...

After taking a shower and changing into new clothes, he felt refreshed and then took a note of his surroundings... But.

Where is Gukkie?? Did- did he leave??
No no he might be in his room...

Taehyung goes and checks Jeongguk's room but there was no sign of him there.
He goes back in the living room and takes his phone in his hands.

But I don't have his number...

He pouts and was about to call Jimin to ask for Jeongguk's phone number but hears the main door open.

He looks towards the direction of the door and sees Jeongguk coming inside with bags full of grocery items.

"Where did you go? You know how worried I got, when I didn't find you in your room?? I thought you left me here, like I left you thr-" Taehyung stops in his words and looks away.

He was speaking without even realizing what he was saying... Maybe because of lack of sleep and because he was so hungry that his mind stopped functioning.

"Um I saw that there were very less groceries in the refrigerator to make breakfast so I went to buy some. You were sleeping so I didn't disturb you..." Jeongguk says, his voice quiet suddenly remembering how Taehyung left him...

"Oh.. "

Before they could talk any further the door bell rings again. Jeongguk keeps the groceries on the table as Taehyung opens the door.

"Taehyungieee!!" A loud voice came from the other side. Jeongguk then sees Taehyung's body being pushed backwards as someone hugs the life out of him.

"J-Jiminie let me breath" Taehyung says as he sees Jihyo also enter the apartment behind Jimin.

"Oh sorry... I got excited...Look we brought some tasty tasty breakfast with us! " Jimin exclaims as he shows a packet of take out food in his hands...

"Jimin you came at the right time, I was jussst about to start making breakfast. Now I won't have to make it." Jeongguk smiles.

Jihyo immediately takes the food packets from Jimin's hands and goes towards Jeongguk.

"That's great then, come let me help you heat this up" She says.

And both of them get busy in heating up and serving the breakfast, chuckling at their own jokes in between.

Leaving Taehyung and Jimin alone in the living room.

Jimin just stands there amazed by Jihyo's odd behavior... Nowadays he has been having some really bad feelings about his sister's attitude...

Nevertheless, he decides to think about that later and turns to focus on Taehyung who was also looking at the direction of Jihyo and Jeongguk with his eyes blank.

"Taee~~" Jimin diverts his attention from there.

"Yes Jiminie??" Taehyung asks quietly trying to put a smile on his face.

"Did you not sleep well yesterday? Look there are dark circles under your eyes and your face is also pale... Is something bothering you?" Jimin says now concerned about Taehyung.

"Ah yes actually um I had a really bad dream so-" Taehyung replies, his voice harely above a whisper.

"Oh... Do you want to talk about it?? " Jimin asks and he sees Taehyung shaking his head as a no.

"I'd prefer not to remember that dream again... " He says.

"It's ok Taehyungie if you don't want to... But keep one thing in mind that I am always here if you want to share anything. Ok? " Jimin smiles and pats Taehyung's hair, his smile giving comfort to Taehyung that he didn't know he needed at that time.

Taehyung just hugs Jimin and rest his head on his shoulder as Jimin pats his back softly and mumbles a soft, "everything will be alright Taehyungie.."

A lone tear escapes Taehyung's eyes as he now completely hides his face in Jimin's neck.

After a few moments, he backs away from the hug and smiles gratefully at Jimin.

"Thank you for being there Jimin" He says as he takes Jimin's hand and walks him towards sofa and they both sit.

"Would you like to see the whole apartment after breakfast?? " He again asks.

"Of course I would love to! And then we will help dear Jeonggukkie shift things! " He exclaims loudly.

Jeongguk who was coming with plates in his hands and Jihyo following behind, chuckles at him.

"Thanks a lot Jimin and Jihyo you too." He smiles at both of them.

He then puts a plate in front of all four of them and serves the breakfast. Everyone eat their breakfast silently and then get ready to help Jeongguk shift his belongings to the apartment.

_______________

Do comment and vote if you like the chapter💕
Thankiess💜

~Momo💜