Chapter 41: The Thanksgiving Dinner

"What? You invited her for the Thanksgiving dinner?" Jeongguk asks as they take their breakfast and Taehyung tells him about how Jihyo came to apologise after the match.

"Yes..."

"But why Tae? Aren't you angry at her?"

"To be honest I was Gukkie... But you also forgave me right? And if we are starting afresh then why not forgive her also..."

"But Tae, me forgiving you is completely different than you forgiving her... I forgave you because I trust you-"

"And I forgave her because I trust you" Taehyung takes Jeongguk's hands across the table and intertwines them. "I know nothing will ever happen... and maybe everything will turn out to be great..."

Jeongguk looks at their hands and tightens his hold on it.

"Look Gukkie... not every mistake requires a cruel punishment... What will we ever get after ignoring her and leaving her alone? Things will only get worse... And I don't want that to happen... with anyone" Taehyung looks down and gulps a bit. He then looks up at Jeongguk and smiles a bit.

"And I am not forcing you to forgive her... take your time. Hmm?" He says.

Jeongguk also smiles looking down. He gives a comforting rub on Taehyung's hand and looks up, "Ok... I mean I have not forgiven her... but we can give her a chance by inviting her to the dinner" Jeongguk says, to which Taehyung smiles proudly.

"Now enough of talking... I will not let you sit all day long. Come on eat your breakfast and then help me with the preparations for tonight" Taehyung says and gets up only to get pulled back and sit on Jeongguk's lap.

"What's the need of dinner when I can have you my love?" Jeongguk whispers. Taehyung hits his bicep with red cheeks and says, "You pervert... eat fast" He finally gets up and walks to the kitchen counter and gets his phone to search for a recipe to make delicious turkey.

"Did you call your grandpa?" Jeongguk asks taking a last bite from his pasta.

"Yeah I did when you were in the bathroom" Taehyung says looking at his phone.

"Does- Does he know about us?" Jeongguk stands up and puts the plate in sink.

"No not yet... I am planning to tell him when he comes for Christmas..."Taehyung looks at Jeongguk, who was avoiding his eyes... He squints his eyes and says,

"Why are you so nervo- OH!!? Are you still afraid of my Grandpa Gukkie!?" Jeongguk gulps with wide eyes. "Y-yeah I guess" He says looking down.

Well the thing is when Jeongguk met Taehyung's grandpa for the first time, the latter, as a habit was cold and tough with him and yeah Jeongguk got a bit scared. But you cannot blame him, he was just a mere 18 year old boy. Although Taehyung's grandpa seemed to like him after some time, still Jeongguk was always really careful to show Grandpa that he could take proper care of his Grandson. And after that when Taehyung left... he didn't meet his grandpa at all. So now he felt somehow nervous to meet Taehyung's only family once again.

"Aww... you don't have to be nervous Gukkie... He likes you and I bet he will be happy to know that we are back together...Even if he doesn't show it" Taehyung says, taking Jeongguk's face in his hands and caressing his cheeks. Jeongguk smiles holding Taehyung's hand that was on his cheek. "Yeah... you are right"

He was about to lean in for a kiss but the doorbell rings and he looks at the door with a sulky pout.

"It must be the groceries I ordered. Let me go receive them" Taehyung laughs at Jeongguk's expression and walks towards the door, well not before pecking the other's lips one time.