Chapter 19: The Bubblegum Mess

"I am so sorry for leaving you like this... I swear I will fix everything... Just... Just give me a chance" Jeongguk hears him say.

"I knoww... It was my boss who called me in between our anniversary date baby...that's why I had to leave like that... I am coming home now. We will talk and fix everything. Ok? "The man who was standing in front of Taehyung and Jeongguk cuts the call and sighs in relief that his wife is less angry than before. The elevator gates open and he steps out.

Taehyung smiles a little seeing how much he loved his wife. The elevator doors soon open at their floor and they also walk towards their apartment... Taehyung asks Jeongguk to hold his shopping bags for a bit, then fishes his hands in his pants pocket to take out the key. In the process a small blue packet falls on the ground. Jeongguk notices it and picks it up after Taehyung opens the door and goes inside the apartment.

As soon as he picks the packet, all the air in his lungs knock out...

Tha- that's why the cashier was smirking at us..?

"Jeongguk! Can you bring the bags inside?" He hears Taehyung say but he was too shocked to even move.

"Jeongguk?" Taehyung comes at door and Jeongguk hides the packet immediately behind his back.

"Y-yeah?" He stutters and sees Taehyung taking some packets from his hands and going inside. He follows behind and closes the door.

"I was asking you to come inside with the packets. But never mind... "Taehyung says as he puts the packets on the table and looks towards a wide eyed Jeongguk.

"What happened?? And what are you hiding behind your back?? "He asks curious.

"No-nothing" Jeongguk says.

"Are you sure? Because I know you enough to know when you lie Jeongguk" Taehyung walks towards Jeongguk.

"I told you Tae... It's- It's nothing... "Jeongguk says as he tries to hide the packet in his back pocket but his hands immediately get caught by Taehyung who smiles in victory.

"Aha told ya! I know when you lie Gukkie! Come on show me what it is" Taehyung says as he tries to unfold Jeongguk fist.

Jeongguk who was in a daze a few seconds ago because Taehyung called him Gukkie like he used to, comes back to earth and tries to retract his hand from Taehyung's wrists.

"Really Tae it's nothing... Just leave it... Let's have dinner now. Ok? "

"No I wanna see what you are-" Suddenly the blue packet falls on the ground when Taehyung tugs Jeongguk's fists. Taehyung immediately picks up the packet.

"Oh it's the bubblegu-" He stops when he realizes it was not a bubble-gum packet but a packet of "C-condoms?" Taehyung whispers his eyes wide as saucers...

That's why the cashier was smirking at us. I don't know how much of embarrassment will I face in this one life...

He thinks as he looks at Jeongguk, who was also looking as embarrassed and shy as he was looking.

He clears his throat. "Um... I thought it was um a bubble-gum pack... I-" Taehyung really thought that because all the other packets in that row were bubble gums just different rates. So he picked one that would balance the bill

"It's-it's ok Tae. C-come on let's get freshened up a bit and have dinner." Jeongguk takes the packet from Taehyung's hand and walks towards his room to change his clothes. Taehyung stands still and then face palms himself before walking towards his own room.

❤️❤️

Taehyung rummages through his locker, to find his favorite pencil, the one that he brought from the mart they visited a week and a half ago. He still gets embarrassed upon remembering the incident that followed after. But, that's just life is all about right? 

Currently, he had a free lecture because his teacher was absent. So he decided to sketch something while sitting in the university ground.

From the past few days, he and Jeongguk have talked with each other only when it was necessary. Their routine was the same, waking up, taking turns to shower and freshen up, then have breakfast either made by Jeongguk or Taehyung. Then they both would take a daily bus to reach the university and then go home afterwards, sometimes together or sometimes individually whenever Jeongguk has his basketball practice.

Anyways they both reach home and get engaged in their own activities and homework, especially Taehyung as he has so much of backlog to cover. Later on they have their dinner and then if someone wants to watch the television they do or like most of the time they again get busy in their own activities. Then they sleep... And then the same routine follows with little to no conversations between them.

There is always this wall, which they are not able to overcome...Taehyung always fears that one day Jeongguk will confront him, just like he did in that nightmare, and then will leave him. The thought only makes Taehyung's glass like heart crush into finer and finer pieces. Taehyung always hates himself for the fact that no matter how much he tries to collect his already shattered pieces of heart and try to be happy from the inside, he always end up getting hurt from them.

But for living a normal life again, he has to smile in front of everyone no matter how broken he was from the inside.

_______________

Do comment and vote if you liked the chapter💜

~Momo💜💜