Chapter 28: Sweet Night

It has been a few days since the muddy incident, and Taehyung and Jeongguk were spending even more time together than before... They constantly had their movie marathons and they sometimes even did baking together... Just like the old times.

All this while they both only had one thing in their minds. Taehyung really wanted to talk with Jeongguk and tell him everything calmly while Jeongguk also wanted to have a talk with Taehyung to get answers for his questions. They both didn't know what will happen after but they just wanted to clear each and every misunderstanding between them like two mature people. They say conversation is the key and that's what they only expect.

"Tae... Um are you free after university? I want to talk to you about something... At home only" Jeongguk asks as he eats his bread and peanut butter sandwich.

"Y-yeah I am free... I also wanted to um... talk with you... "Taehyung replies. He knows what they are going to talk about and he's glad that Jeongguk didn't freak him out by confronting him out of the blue and is handling the situation like a mature person would do...

"Okay then" Jeongguk finishes his sandwich with Taehyung soon finishing his own.

They both take their bags and head out of the apartment. They walk together towards the bus stop silently. The bus soon arrives at its time and they get on it. As it was early morning there were many seats empty. Taehyung as usual chose a window seat of a two seater and Jeongguk sits beside him... He takes out his earphones and plugs them in, enjoying the soft October winds and music together.

In the middle of the ride he looks towards his right to see Jeongguk busy on his phone, he takes one earplug and puts it in Jeongguk's ear, who looks up from his phone upon hearing music in his ears. He sees Taehyung smiles softly at him and then look down shyly. He also smiles to himself and focuses on the music now playing in his ears. It was Sweet Night by an artist named V.

(You can play and vibe to Sweet night while reading ahead if you want)

On my pillow
Can't get me tired
Sharing my fragile truth
That I still hope the door is open
'Cause the window
Opened one time with you and me
Now my forever's falling down
Wondering if you'd want me now
How could I know?
One day I'd wake up feeling more
But I had already reached the shore
Guess we were ships in the night
Night, night

I am ready to tell you everything now Gukkie... I hope you will understand...

Taehyung thinks as he now looks out of the window. A month or two ago he didn't even expect that he will meet Jeongguk again but now that he not only met Jeongguk again but also sees a hope of them getting back together... He wanted to make everything right once again.

Night, night
I'm wondering
Are you my best friend?
Feels like a river's rushing through my mind
I wanna ask you
If this is all just in my head
My heart is pounding tonight
I wonder
If you
Are too good to be true
And would it be alright if I
Pulled you closer

How could I know?
One day I'd wake up feeling more
But I had already reached the shore
Guess we were ships in the night
Night, night

🎵🎵

We were ships in the night
Night, night

🎵🎵

The bus comes to a stop. They both get off and walk towards the university together. After reaching near Taehyung's locker, Jeongguk takes his hand and turns him towards him.

"Wait for me at the bus stop, we'll go home together" He says. Taehyung softly smiles at him and nods his head. Jeongguk then gives his hand a short comforting rub before leaving it and walking away. Taehyung looks at his direction in a daze. He just hopes today's day goes well and when he wakes up tomorrow morning everything's alright once again.

❤️❤️

After the university hours got over, Taehyung walked through the corridor to the business studies section. Jeongguk told him to wait for him at the bus stop but Kim Taehyung's impatient ass doesn't want to wait anymore. He already wasn't able to see Jeongguk in the lunch period as his team had basketball practice in that lecture rather than in last lecture.

So Taehyung knew Jeongguk must be in his class and decides to go along with him only.

He soon reaches outside the class that he assumed to be Jeongguk's... He sees many students already leaving the class with their friends. He stands and waits for Jeongguk to come outside but there was no sign of him... Even after students stopped exiting the classroom.

After five minute or so he decides to go inside to look or him. He makes his way towards the door and enters the classroom.

But he soon finds his heart breaking into their finest pieces as he sees the sight in front of him. There Jeongguk was, his back facing him, trapped between a table and Jihyo who was.... kissing him.... On the lips...

He widens his eyes as tears well up in them... Before anyone could see him, he turns on his heels and runs away from there. He could not see his world crumbling into pieces in front of him and so he runs. He runs through the corridors of the university with tears falling down from his eyes.

"Tae? Taehyung!? "He hears Jimin call out for him but he pays no heed to anyone as he exits through the gates of the university.

He starts walking mindlessly on the road as he sees a taxi in front of him... He bites his lips to stop the tears and walks to the taxi.

"S-Songdang Apartment" He shortly says to the driver. The driver signals him to get on and he does. The taxi starts and the driver drives him to his apartment. All through the ride Taehyung tries to contain his tears as he thinks

That's what he wanted to talk about?? Here I was thinking that he also wanted to make things right but he just wanted to tell me that he's moving on...?

He closes his eyes as more tears stream down his face.

-------------------------------------------------------

Oh- I would not say anything... :)  Also keep the chapter name in mind... It might or might not be a spoiler🤭

Do comment and vote if you liked the chapter!💜

Thankies!

~Momo💜