Chapter 17: The shopping mart

Jeongguk along with Taehyung and Jimin successfully completed the whole shifting work. Jihyo wasn't able to help them as she said that she had a sprain in her ankle.

So only Jimin and Taehyung were the one helping Jeongguk. He surely would have called Yoongi and Hoseok but they both went hiking somewhere, unaware of Jeongguk's sudden plan of shifting.

After a long tiring day of work, now the three of them were sitting in the living room as Jihyo brought water for them.

Jeongguk was surely happy that he finished the process and now he will be able to rest the whole day tomorrow i.e. sunday... All the shifting chores really helped him and Taehyung to take their minds of the little awkward moment they had in the morning.

"Oh Gosh I am so tired! Jeongguk why did you have so much of belongings to shift huh?? " Jimin asks taking a sip of cold water.

"It's not my fault. I had no idea that I collected this much things while living at Namjoon hyung's place! " Jeongguk says.

"Yeah yeah- " Jimin gets interrupted by a phone call. He sees the caller ID and picks up the call.

"Yes mom? " It was his mom.

"Oh ok ok. Yeah me and Jihyo are just on our way.... Yeah yeah we are coming. " He says again and then cuts the call.

"Jihyo mom is saying that some of her relatives have paid a visit so we should be there... Or else she will be veryy angry. Come on let's go. Taehyung and Jeongguk we'll see you later! Byee!" He says as he quickly gets up and takes Jihyo's hands and bids both of the apartment owners a good bye.

"O-ok bye Ji...min? " Taehyung says waving his hand awkwardly to a now empty doorway... As Jimin just dashed out with Jihyo before anyone of them could say anything.

He puts his hands down and looks towards Jeongguk who was also looking his way.

"Thanks for your help today" Jeongguk says smiling lightly.

"No worries... " Taehyung mumbles as he also smiles a little.

"Ahh...would you like to roam around a little bit in the neighborhood tomorrow as it's sunday?" He again says trying to strike up a conversation.

"Um- "

"It's-it's ok if you don't want to, you can rest tomorrow. I'll just go and look around by-by myself" Taehyung immediately interrupts Jeongguk.

After a two minutes silence Jeongguk says, "No no it's fine. I was not planning to rest the whole day anyway tomorrow. And I also have to look for a gym near here so we can do that too... " As if he was not planning to stay at home the whole day tomorrow.

"Oh ok then..."

".... "

".... "

"....?"

"I - I am going to take a shower... You should also freshen up after wards..." Taehyung says and immediately gets up with red cheeks and goes towards his bedroom to take his night pajamas... He didn't really expect Jeongguk to say yes.

Jeongguk smiles to himself as he sees Taehyung now going inside the bathroom... He switches on the TV and hears the voice of shower turning on.

He thinks that maybe this whole living together ordeal will bring a change in his and Taehyung's relationship... Hopefully for the good...

❤️❤️

Taehyung brushes his hairs for the last time before taking his sling bag and heading out of the room. He sees Jeongguk standing in the balcony looking outside like a main character of a story. (Well that's true lol)

He was clad in dark blue denim jeans and jacket with a white T-shirt.

Why is he so handsome??

While Taehyung was wearing skin colored loose pants with a white printed oversized sweater on top with his bouncy brown hairs falling on top of his forehead. It was October and winter was slowly staring to come after the rainy season ends.

"Jeongguk... "

Jeongguk turns around upon hearing Taehyung's voice and comes out of the balcony.

"Let's go? " He asks.

"Mhmm" Taehyung nods. And they both wears their shoes, lock the door and head out of the apartment.

❤️❤️

"So where would you like to go first?" Jeongguk asks, with his hands in his pockets as they both walk on the pavement outside the apartment complex. Soft winds were blowing...

"Hmm maybe we can first go to the mall nearby, then look for the gym and roam around in the park afterwards??"
Taehyung replies.

"Yeah we can do that..." Jeongguk says.

And so they walk in silence towards the mall. No words exchanged between them.

The apartment was in a posh area with everything available at a small distance. They soon reach the mall and get inside. It was not a very big big mall, more like a shopping mart you can say.

As soon as they enter they saw various sections of items including groceries, snacks, crockery sets, small home decors, daily essentials etc. etc. And on the floor above there was a clothing section.

Taehyung and Jeongguk explored everything slowly from the grocery to the clothing section. Taehyung sometimes picked and analyzed some items like the small home decors and all.

He even liked some so he put them in the cart along with the huge number of snacks Jeongguk bought.

How does he remain so fit after eating all these??

He thinks as he also sees his favorite snack on the top shelf. His eyes light up and he reaches out his hand for it, but couldn't get them in his hands. He slightly hops on his place and also stands on the tip of his toes but it was of no use. He pouts and thinks

Why do they even sell these if the customer can't even reach them...
I guess I won't be able to eat-

But suddenly he feels hands on his waist as someone lifts him off the ground and his hands can now reach the snacks.
He looks down with his eyes wide like saucers and sees Jeongguk lifting him up.

His cheeks turn red (again?) as he hears Jeongguk say, "Hurry up and get them... I can't stand like this for much long"

"Y-yeah" Taehyung says as he grabs at least 5 packets of the snack (just in case?) and Jeongguk puts him down. He turns around to see Jeongguk still standing in his place, now trapping Taehyung between the racks and his body.

And yeah just like always they get lost in each other's eyes until Taehyung says,
"Um I think we should g-get going for the payment" He looks down.

Jeongguk clears his throat and backs away providing Taehyung space to put the snacks in the cart.

They both make their way towards the payment counter and stand in the line. Soon their turn comes and the gives their items for bar code scanning.

"Your total is XXX" The cashier says as she hands them the bag.

"Oh but I don't have any change..Do you? " Taehyung asks Jeongguk. Jeongguk shakes his head as a no...

"It's ok you can buy any refreshment or daily necessity item from that stand over there, to balance the bill. " The cashier points towards a stand with her fingers.

Taehyung goes towards the stand and picks a small blue packet of what seemed like a bubblegum.

The cashier takes the packet and looks with a small smirk towards both Taehyung and Jeongguk.

"The bill is balanced now" Taehyung and Jeongguk pay for their items and exit the mall. While walking Taehyung thinks,

Why was she looking at us like that?

_______________

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter✨

~Momo💜💜