Partition (M)⚠️

-Driver roll up the partition please.

Chaeyoung Pov

"But I don't wanna go" Mina grumbles.

I sigh, rubbing my temples. We've been at this for the past four hours, she's known about this gala for weeks now, she's had ample time to turn down the invitation. The Blue Royal Foundation for Children's Welfare was having their annual benefit gala tonight, thrown in the honor of their most generous benefactor. Mina, a steadfast patron of the foundation for years, was this year's honoree.

"Mina" I start. "This is in your honor you told me you wanted to go when the invitations were sent out weeks ago. Why didn't you tell me you didn't want to go then? I would've turned them down."

"Because I didn't realize it would be recognizing me" she grouses. "I don't want them to throw a party for me for doing what I've been doing for years now! I hate these things. It's just a bunch of self-righteous people kissing each other's asses for being decent human beings I don't wanna go Chaeyoung."

I don't disagree with her but it would be incredibly rude not to show up after saying we would go for weeks. I know it'll be rough to try and reason with her but I attempt to give it a shot.

"I agree with you sweetheart but it would be beyond rude to just not show up. They've been preparing for this for weeks now, and they're doing it to recognize you. I'm sure a lot of people have been working hard to get this ready for tonight" I say, pulling out the big guns. Mina hates it when people are inconvenienced because of her so I know she'll seriously consider changing her mind.

I know I'm right because a worried look flashes over her features.

"Well…" she starts. "I don't want anyone to be troubled by us not showing up…but I really don't want to go." She looks really upset, torn between her disdain for these events and her own. I hate seeing her like this so I try to sweeten the deal.

"Tell you what" I say, coming around to wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her flush against me. "If we go we don't have to stay the entire time. The event planner emailed me the program, they're doing the award at the very beginning, the rest of the night is just dinner and performances. We can head out as soon the dinner starts, sounds good?"

Mina quiet for a moment, pondering my suggestion. "Okay" she mumbles. "But only if you promise we leave immediately after they give me the award."

"I promise" I turn her around and press a kiss to her pouted lips as a way of saying thank you for being compliant.

I have every intention of keeping the kiss short and sweet but Mina clearly has other ideas. She throws her arms around my neck, crushing her lips to mine. I sigh into her mouth and she takes it as an opportunity to sweep her tongue into my mouth. I moan, savoring and relishing her sweet taste.

Mina's hands drift down to my ass, squeezing hard and it snaps me back to reality. As much as I'd love to continue ravishing her, we've got to get ready or else we'll be late.

I break away from her lips and breathe her name but she's unfazed, moving her lips to trail across my jaw, down my neck, along my collarbones.

"Hmm?" she mumbles, lips pressed underneath my ear.

I gently pull Mina away from my face. She makes a whining noise in her throat, and I almost consider just forgetting about the stupid gala and letting her continue. The rational side of me takes over, however.