Part 14 Founder's

Joe stood outside the door of founders coffee and found that he was in the way he was planning on mulling over what he was going to ask Jiminy before entering the building but it looked like he was going to have to wing it. Entering he found a cozy coffee shop bustling with studying college students. It looked like after classes everyone and their friends went here to get a drink and discuss classes. He couldn't feel more out of place. But no one was looking at him; they were too absorbed in conversation and coffee. He walked up to the counter where Rook and jiminy were. "Hello Joe, I didn't expect to see you here. What brings you so far away from the farm?" Jiminy asked

"From the looks of it. It seems he found the Sunfletches." Rook added while pouring a cup "It's more accurate to say they found me" wincing a little as he'd stumbled into a pun that was definitely laid out by Rook. "Umm if it's not too much trouble I'd like to talk to Jiminy'' Joe asked addressing the wolf "This might be a bad time looking at how busy it is." Joe continued.

"You're right it is but in about twenty minutes the place is going to clear out and then I'm sure Jiminy can give you sometime Caring."

"Caring?"

"You gave one of our kith a name, they decided to give you one back." Staring blankly for a few moments Joe guessed "You mean Spangle"

"Yes you call him Spangle he liked the name and has dubbed you Caring. I'm sure Jiminy can explain this to you more but for now take this and take a seat." Rook passed him a strongly spiced muffin and cup of coffee. Taking it, Joe found a place to sit back towards the corner. Joe had always liked Rook. He was kind and not that intimidating and wolves go. Taking a bite of the sweet and a sip of coffee he slowly watched as groups of students left one by one. It was so odd it was like they were all called away. Pondering what made everyone leave, Jiminy slid into the seat next to his. "Why did everyone leave? '' Joe didn't let Jiminy start. "Well not all of them left '' Looking around a few laptops stayed open with busy fingers typing away. Joe agreed with a nod. Jiminy gave him an answer "The late afternoon classes start in ten minutes. Not everyone has these classes but a lot do. Many students come here to pregame with caffeine before their class" Joe supposed that made sense he nodded again. "I was told you wanted to talk to me"

"Oh right I have questions."

"Fire away Caring" Joe hesitated at that. "Why do you and Rook call me caring?"

"I'm sure that's not the question that brought you here but I'll explain. When someone of the packs gives you a nickname the pack will also call you by that name. The exchange of a nickname like this with a wolf means that you have a friend and the pack will support you."

"I gained the support of the pack?" Joe doubted he did anything that deserved that much. "Yes you did. You befriended Star and Star wanted to make sure we knew it so he gave you a name."

"So Star is his name. I wanted to get properly introduced" Sitting for a moment Joe realized that this means the whole Night-Spangle pack knew who he was and the name he'd given to the wolf named star. "I don't think I gave a good name, especially not to deserve a name as kind as caring, I mean his name is Star and I named him Spangle so Star Spangled" Jiminy laughed at what Joe said. "I think he takes it in stride. He appreciates it."

"But still.."

"No buts, now let's get to the main agenda"

Joe, no longer in a rush contemplated his words to find a way to ask that didn't give too much away. "I'm curious about amaranthine gestures. Kip.. ah.. Did something and I don't know how to interpret it." Joe's cheeks were slightly blushing but there was no helping that. "I'm confused why didn't you just ask Kip."