Part 20 The Truth

Joe was resolved to make sure Kip knew his feelings and Kip was resolved to not let Jiro go. Joe spends his days practicing to brush Kip's hair as his answer to Kip. Kip kept Jiro close, no longer worrying about pushing too far. He just barely held back his feelings in tendings he left his feelings in the open. Jiro would know the extent of his devotion and love. Over the week Joe noticed how relaxed Kip was. Everything between them rescued Joe in his choice. Kip brushed his hair every morning each time Kip got lost in it and it left Joe feeling cared for. Kip was courting him. It was like Kip needed to do this. Joe took this as Kip's feelings. The next Friday was when Joe decided to start his plan.

Friday morning like all the previous mornings Kip brushed his hair. Afterward before Kip left for work and before Joe went to the orchard Joe grabbed Kip and pulled him close in an embrace. "Kip, would you spend the afternoon with me?"

"Yes of course." Kip spoke happily. "Good. You know how you brush my hair everyday. Well, today I want to brush you." Kip shivered but didn't let go. "Jiro you know-" before Kip could finish and admit what it actually meant before he would take advantage of Jiro. Joe cut him off. "Please." Kip took a deep breath "yes".

Kip spent his day internally freaking out but he put his best nothing going on here face for the rest of the world. He said he wouldn't let Jiro go but he couldn't do this. But Jiro was just going to brush his hair on his head. It was fine, that's normal enough for humans. But why did Jiro ask him this morning? Maybe Jiro wanted to return the favor? Kip spent his day slightly mixed up.

Joe felt Kip coming back and let the kit know. He turned around as he said "Kip incoming" Ready to give Kip a hug. Kip jumped into his arms and they stayed there holding each other. "I'm almost done for today, I just need to put a few things away." Kip accompanied him and told Jiro about his day. Just like normal.

They went to Jiro's room just like normal. Talking the whole way. Once there Jiro grabbed a hair brush and sat on the bed. Kip sat in front of him and it began. Jiro gently shifted through Kip's hair. Then slowly brushed through all of it. Running fingers through to check for knots. Jiro would occasionally touch his ears and graze the skin on his neck. Every touch. Every brush. Everything was too much. Kip was becoming as red as his hair as Jiro started to braid his hair with such intense care. Jiro wasn't even halfway done when Kip turned and grabbed his hand.

Kips face was bright red. "Jiro, I haven't been completely honest." Kip turned to face him. Kip rubbed a small circle in his hand and brought it to his cheek. "Brushing hair is something that courting couples do." It was out in the open now. No turning back Jiro has to know now. Jiro cupped Kips as he responded. "I know." Jiro also started to turn blush. He had a small smile on his face. "You knew what I was doing when I started brushing your hair? And you brushed my hair as well?"

"Kip, I like you more than a friend. Where are you trying to court me?" Kip pounced on him using his arms to be above him. "Jiro.." Kip said while he squeezed his shirt front with one hand. "Kip, I'm in love with you." Kip fell beside him and Jiro faced Kip. Hand on each other's faces they got closer and closer.noses on top of each other, Kip tilted his head so his lips just barely brushed against Jiros. "Is this okay?" Jiro kissed Kip. small and gentle. "Yes. It's more than okay." Then they melted into each other. Kip kissed Jiro like he wanted to months ago. His Choice Chose him too. The gentle kisses grew deeper. Kip tasted Jiro and all the bonds they doubled. Kip couldn't be more sure. When they were breathless they pulled away, just enough, breathing against each other. "Jiro, I love you. I love you. Please be mine" Jiro chuckled. "I'll be all yours' ' they stayed there embracing not letting go. "So we are courting now?" Kip kissed him. "Yes!" Jiro Kissed him back. "Tell me how to court you. I want to do it right." Kip was astonished by how resolved Jiro was to have him. "First can we stay here, tryst a little bit?" Jiro kissed him. Slowly and deeply. They didn't want to stop. Making this moment last a lifetime.

Slow kisses turned into laughter, promises, and words that made their hearts sing. "So how does one court a Woodacre?" Kiss. "Do I claim you with kisses like the Starmark courtship?" Kiss. "Or do I bring gifts to show you I care like Ash and Tami?" Kiss. "Or do I court you in another way?" kiss. Kip Kissed Jiro back. He knew he would never get tired of Jiro's kisses. Barely pulling back, Kip responded. "Squirrel courtship doesn't make much sense in speaking form." He kissed Jiro again. "It also usually involves some tricks or lack thereof." Their lips pressed against each other again. "We could make our own? I want to prove my worth to you."

"You are worth more than anything I could ask for." They took a break from kissing and just stared into each other's eyes. No secrets, looking into the deepest parts of their soul. "Tell me the basics of courtship. What are your favorite traditions?" Kip kissed him on the cheek. "A courtship begins when both parties let their intentions be known. The female squirrel is the one who does the choosing. Then the male squirrel displays feats of abilities like using sigil craft, or brings food or creates something to give to the one they are pursuing... In cases where they choose each other both parties bring gifts or show their strengths along with plaques." Kip kissed his cheek again. "Lots of gifts and other courting games only work as a squirrel. So those we can replace..." He trailed off. Joe rubbed his cheek and Lip Turned a bit red. "Once both parties are satisfied the female would enter the male's drey and stay. They would be bondmates then."

"Is brushing hair one of these courting games? Would hiding the more acorns count as a way to court you? How about feeding you food?"

"Yes, all of these are acceptable ways to court me. But how would you like to be courted?" Joe never gave it much thought; he always thought that when he found a romantic partner he would be the one doing the romance. "I've never thought about it before. But if I'm courting you with gifts and pledges how about you do the same for me. Court me with your company, gifts and pledges until we find our understanding. Then take me to your drey." They kissed again, their courtship had its shape and their understanding. Together they would find their balance and truth.