[27]

cedes:

Carol would've fixed my cut, but Maggie had to do it. Rick, Abraham, Michonne, Sasha, Glenn, Maggie and Tara were gunna go and find the Termites and kill all of them. I wanted to come and kill Martin myself for what he almost did to Judith, but I promised I'd stay back and watch over the rest of the group. Once they fixed my cut and cleaned it out, I walked out to find Rick. I found him sorting guns.

"Hey." I said walking up was wrapping my arm around his lower back, I came up and laid my head on his arm. He looked over and smiled, putting his arm around me. I reached down and took out his knife, handing it over. "This is your knife. I had it since the Governor came to the prison." I said. He took the knife in his hands, looking back up at me.

"Thanks, Merc." He said softly kissing my lips. It's been forever since I felt sparks with him, and their coming back. I gave him a last hug before they were off. I stuck by the door while the others hid around the room. They put us in Gabriels office where Bob laid on the couch. I had my desert eagle on my side, but my Butterfly knife was out and ready if needed. Carl, Gabriel, Tyreese, Eugene and Rosita all were spread out across the room, Judith asleep.

Banging made my eyes shot open as I moved across the door to keep it shut.

"We're back." A voice said. Gareth. I motioned them to stay quiet." Listen, we know you're in here. In one of these rooms. I know you guys are here, because Rick just left with a lot of your strong group members....and he left you guys here." He said, making it clear that he knew Rick was gone. But did he know Rick's wife was here? "Theres Bob, unless you killed him already. Carl. Father Gabriel. Eugene, Rosita. Martin's good friend Tyreese. Judith....andd..Mercedes." He said. Well, he knows I'm here. He started threatening us, but reasoning with Gabriel. Telking him he can leave with Judith is he comes out now. I looked around the room, hoping and praying Rick was on his way back. That is, until Judith started crying. Mty heart started racing like crazy.

"Or maybe we will just keep the baby. I'm starting to like this girl." I heard Gareth say. I looked up, closing my eyes. I brought my desert eagle out as slowly as possible. I breathed heavily as the door knob was sliwly being turned. Everyone that had a gun aimed up, but two bodies slammed against the walls outside. My eyes looked over to anyones outline but back to the door. A muffled voice was heard, and then Gareth's screams. I turned the knob and peered out to see Rick and the rest of the group out there

I thank God or whatever was watching us to have my husband come back. Rick came up and around Gareth, Gareth blabbing on.

"Give us a chance. You let us go and we won't cross paths again." Gareth pleaded.

"No. You're too dangerous to let go again. You'll harm families and groups....and I can't let my family out there knowing you're out there. I can't let this family, my son, my daughter, my wife. I can't let them go out there if you go back out there." I heard Rick mumble. I slightly smiled when he mentions Carl, Judy and I.

"P-please. I promise we won't cross paths again." Gareth said. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Thats what they all say and end up kiling someone in our family. Rick doesn't take that shit anymore. Not after loosing the ones he cares about.

"No, that's final...and besides, I already made you a promise. " Rick said lowly, and the next thing you know he brought up his machete and sliced Gareth in the head. It became a bloody war out there but I did see something that accomplished me. Sasha was stabbing the shit out of Martin. I would've done that too so....

I turned back around, closing the door. Everyone was wondering what was happening. I calmed them down, looking at Bob.

"Their killing Gareth's group. What was Rick's promise?" I asked, looking at the people who was with him in Terminus.

"Merc...come here." I heard Bob whisper. I put my gun in its holster before walking over to Bob and sitting on the edge of the couch." He..promised Gareth he was going to kill him...with a machete....with a red handle." Bob managed to get out. My mouth shaped an 'Oh'.

"That makes sense. He said 'Besides I already mad you a promise.'. I was wondering what that ment." I said and then stood up. Bob laughed at me just as Sasha came in. I walked out with Gabriel while Rick checked on Judy and Carl. Gabriel looked around at the dead bodies lying on the floor. He turned and looked at me.

"This is the Lord's house." He said softly, his gaze to me soft and saddened. I bit the inside of my lip.

"No." I heard a voice say. Gabriel turned around and Maggie stood there, very tense. She looked up and her dark brown hair still covered the corners of her eyes.

"Its just Four walls and a roof." She stated coldly, but her country accent cane through well. I jumped in shock when arms wrapped around my waist and dragged me back. They then lifted to my neck.

"I had to... I had to do whatever it takes to keep you safe." Rick murmured into my ear before kissing me on the cheek. I giggled softly and pulled away, being tickled by his fuzzy beard.

The next morning, we had to say our goodbyes to Bob. We knew he was close to death so we all needed to say our goodbyes. I came in next, Glenn and Maggie shutting the door. I walked over and sat down, putting my hands on my knees.

"Mercedes." He smiles, I smiled warmly back. He took ahold of my left hand and ran his thumb over the two rings." He loves you dearly, Merc. Don't ever let him go. You two are right for eachother, the calmness for eachother. He's so soft to you when he's rough on others. Please don't let him get to where he's killing for no reason. Control him like you always have." Bob said softly to me with a smile.

"Thank you, and I promise you I won't let him unwrap himself off my finger." I said. I got up and hugged him gently. I walked away slowly, bending my head down. Rick stood out with Judy on his hip and Carl beside him. He walked over and put his hand on the back of my head and pulled me in to kiss the top of my head.

When he did pass, we went out and buried him outside, Ty dug other hole for the Termites. I stood with Rick as we said our goodbyes with Glenn and Maggie. They were going to Washington with Abraham, Tara, Rosita and Eugene. They were going to turn the world back to us, while we waited on Daryl and Carol to get back. Abraham gave Rick a map and said it was for him to catch up, then they were on their way. When they were gone, I walked over and looked over his shoulder.

SORRY I WAS AN ASSHOLE, COME TO WASHINGTON. THE NEW WORLDS GONNA NEED RICK GRIMES.

Abraham wrote on the side of the map. I looked up at Rick and he was looking down at that too. I grabbed his arm and he was really tense. I let go and walked over to Bobs grave when it hit me. He wants me to stay with Rick. For him. Just like Andrea. I looked at the cross, remembering Andrea's as well, then looked at Rick.

I will. For the both of you.