[ 41 ]

-
{ rick's pov}

He was early.

It hasn't been a week yet, but he's here now. I was terrified as I walked around with his bat in my hand, watching the Saviors taking our stuff. I've lost Glenn, Abraham, both Dixon's, Maggie and Sasha and now losing half our stuff.

"Hey Rick, where is that blonde?" Negan pulled me out of my thoughts and I starred at him. Is he talking about Mercedes?

"Ya know. The sickest one. I know there seemed to be two. But the other I know is the widow because I beat the hell outta her husband, but I'm talking about the one who was sick in general." He said, grinning like the idot he was. I want to stay as silent as I can be, for I'm not giving up Mercedes, Maggie and Sasha's hiding, as well as Hilltops.

"Come on man. She alright? Because if not, I have the perfect doctor back at my place that can heal her right up. Take the widow too, to keep us company..."

"Do you care to pay your respects?" We both jumped to see Gabriel standing behind Negan with a smile.

"Hol-y crap! You are creepy as shit coming up behind me scaring me like that with your creepy smile." Negan said loudly.

"I'm sorry, I'm Father Gabriel. Now, do you care to pay your respects?" Gabriel said, and Negan turned to me, Gabriel in the back.

"She didn't make it?" Negan asked. I looked at Gabriel and then Negan, shaking my head.

{Mercedes POV}

I don't remember falling asleep, or even how long I was out but it felt so good to sleep.

I slowly opened my eyes to see flowers in a glass vase beside where I was lying.

"Remember me?" I turned my head to see Doctor Carson, who Rick saved after we found Jesus and were heading to Hilltop,"Mercedes you suffered from a Abruptio Placentae, a separation of the placenta from the uterus. It could've been a lot worse."

"I-Is...the...?" Was all I could get out, I felt so weak to talk.

"Yes. The baby is okay. It was a small separation." I gave a deep sigh in relief that our baby was okay,"but I'd like you to stay here for the term of your pregnancy,Ms. Just so if it, or anything else happens you'll be here." Carson said, nodding slowly.

"I'll think about it." Of course, I needed to. Just because it was a hard decision. Stay here and keep the baby safe, yet not see Rick for 9 months, or risk it going back to be with my orginial group.

I opened the door to the trailer to see Maggie and Sasha sitting on the steps. They turned around and stood up for me to step off the trailer, and then to hug them.

"Where are they?" I asked pulling back from Maggie.

~

It was in the quiet corner of Hilltop where two of our own were now buried. I looked down at both of them before up to the women before hugging them both.

"Mercedes?" I pulled away from Sasha to see Jesus with a bundle of little flowers.

"Jesus." I said and walked over to hug him.

"Its good to see you awake." He stated while we pulled away.

"Its good to be awake." I smiled, he walked over to talk to Maggie about the flowers and I watched, crossing my arm, "what's happened since I've been out?"

"Gregory being himself." Maggie mused, rolling her eyes.

"He told us as soon as you wake up and get healed enough, we have to take you back home." Sasha said.

"But we argued and told him that you were pregnant and needed to stay here because we lost our doctor....and it didn't work. But it will." Maggie said softly. I was still Torn between the two places. I nodded quickly, looking at the graves one last time before walking off with Sasha and Maggie.

~

"Hey Mercedes?" I jumped slightly at the knock from where I was sitting on the bed Sasha and Maggie made for me.

"Come in." I said, leaning back against the wall to let Jesus walk in with a small smile,"Hey Jesus."

He shut the door behind him and looked at me questionably. I took that chance to look at him too and tilted my head.

Was he?

"What is your last name?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Grimes? My maiden is Dixon." I said, raising my eyebrow.

"Oh, so are you related to a Chelsea Dixon-Rovia?" He asked. I held back tears and closed my eyes for a second.

"That was my mom," I sighed opening my eyes,"how do you..."

"My dad is Jeremy Rovia..." He said and my eyes widened. I thought I knew him from somewhere, but I don't know where. Plus, I only knew him by Jesus now, I didn't hear his real name. I actually haven't seen Jesus since we were kids when he had short hair and no beard.

"Paul?" I asked standing up and walking over.

"Heh- yeah." He said and smiled. I walked over and embraced him. I guess I found my step brother after how many years. Daryl never actually met Paul, just because Will didn't want his boys around what he called a "fag" because Paul was raised right.

"I haven't seen you in forever....that's why I didn't notice you much. You grew your hair out, and a beard, called yourself Jesus." I said with a small giggle.

"Yeah time flies." He said and then looked away,"are you sure you want to sleep here?"

"Maggie and Sasha are in here. Rick will kill me if I slept in someone else's bed." I said almost flatly.

"There's a guests bed up in the main building where Gregory is-"

"Just stop. I don't want to talk about him." I said shaking my head and Grabbing a whole cucumber and taking a bite. Jesus tilted his head and I shrugged.

"Pregnant women." I hear him mumble," well anyways, if you need me. I'm here, okay? We are going to get this Gregory thing worked out." Jesus said and I nodded, pushing him out of the way of the door for Sasha and Maggie to walk in.

"Apple pie." I said and Sasha revealed it and looked at me in disbelief.

"How'd you know?" He asked but I shrugged and went over to take it from her and sit down with a fork.

Hey, hungry pregnant woman here. Gotta eat.

Aaagh

These chapters are just getting suckier and suckier-er? Anyways, I'm thinking of the next chapter, and I think it'll be my last, and then I can start editing!!

oooo 7 days am i the only excited one??