[ 33 ]

>>[ m e r c e d e s p o v ]

It cracked. It fell. Onto the wall, and that part of the wall fell in. My heart stopped as the walkers started pouring in. My head shot to motion in front of me and I saw Carol waving to me. I leaped off the porch and followed her, pulling out the 9mm I had in my belt loop. I felt like I was going to get sick but what distracted me was Carol falling. I bent down and began to get her on her feet again, Morgan rushed over and helped me as well. I followed Morgan's lead into an unfinished house, setting Carol down gently against the wall.

"I need to go." I said and made sure my knife was in hand reach, and my gun was loaded.

"No." Carol breathed." Not with that baby."

"Carol, Rick's out there. Carl's out there." I stepped up and she glared at me. Sometimes, I break for this woman. This was one. She knew my weak spots, and she just hit one. I sighed in frustration and watched out the windows for any signs of our group and began to worry. I then sat down in the corner and watched Morgan walk around, Carol looking at me. I closed my eyes trying to stay calm with at least two months pregnant symptoms worrying me as well.

>>[ r i c k s p o v]

I helped Deanna lie down on the bed and Michonne treated that wound. I turned around to watch Jessie try to calm Sam. I walked back with Judith and put her back in her crib. I shook with fright because my wife was out there somewhere with our unborn child. I couldn't bare to see her body torn up on the streets, or in front of my eyes. I quickly walked back with the members I had now, watching as Michonne cleaned the last of the blood, only to stop and my heart sank when I saw what she was staring at. A bite mark on Deanna's hip. She looked at it, then us and then to the ceiling.

"Well..." She paused and blinked,"Shit."

**

Michonne cut open the bodies of the walkers we dragged up here while I took sheets and ripped head holes in them to cloth us in walker guts. It was our plan. To find the cars and drive the walkers away from Alexandria. So I can find my wife and the rest of with group. I helped the others with spreading guts all over their sheets. I looked around at them, sighing hard.

>>[ m e r c p o v ]
I woke up to the sudden movements and yelling, and I stood up and looked around. Nobody was in the room. I hurried down the stairs and walked into a new room where Carol and Morgan were fighting.

"Hey!" I yelled and tried to pull them away from each other but got elbowed by Morgan in the stomach. I yelled in pain and fell to the ground, the darkness surrounding me.

**

"Mercedes?"

My eyes fluttered awake once again to the sounds of a smoother voice this tine. Rosita and Tara sat over me with uneasy looks, until they saw me awake. I then sat up as slowly as I can, leaning against the wall. I noticed Denise and the Wolf was gone and my heart stopped a little, especially realizing Carol and Morgan were on the floor as well.

"What happened? Where is the other two? Are they alright." I said walking over and kneeling down beside Carol. I knew Morgan did not like Rick and I's plans half the time, so I didn't bother him.

"Carol and Morgan got in a brawl, Morgan knocked Carol out and the Wolf knocked Morgan out. He threatened us and took off with Denise." Tara explained with a worried tone. I tucked some of my brown hair behind my ear as Carol started to wake up. She got up and got balanced on her feet to go look for anything else Morgan had around the house. I watched out the window for Rick, sighing uneasily. I put my hand on my growing stomach and then back up to Alexandria, now being over run by walkers.