[ 10 ]

Its been at least 4 days, my time on crutches are about up. And lemme tell ya, it sucked ass. I didn't get to do what I wanted to do.

I woke up with breathing down my neck. My eyes fluttered open as I felt an arm, and then a hand. I gave a relieved sigh. It was only Rick. I tried my best to wiggle out without waking him. The ground was hard, but you get use to it. Aubrey was at the other end, facing the other way. I kept my hair up in its messy bun as I grabbed my "walking stick" and walked out. Everyone sat around the fire, looking at each other. I went and sat down just as Aubrey and Rick came out of the tent and sat beside me. Rick grabbed a hold of my hand and gave a smile. All I did was smile back.

Glenn stood in front of us all, looking nervous as ever. Dale watched him nodding, while Glenn looked to the house. Maggie stood out on the porch shaking her head.

" What's up Glenn?" I asked, everyone's attention to him.

"Uhhhh....."he said looking at the other two again.

" Spit it out, Uhh." I said.

" There's walkers in the barn." He said. Everyone looked shocked. " Hershel thinks they're sick." Glenn told us. Rick's hand tightened on mine. I reached over and kissing his temple softly as he sat there, looking annoyed as ever.

That day everyone went around with a grim look. Shane was probably the worst. Rick, Jimmy, and Hershel went off to do something, while everyone else stayed. Shane stood, watching the barn. Taking my eagle from the bag, I put it through the belt behind me. Getting down to the barn, I sighed deeply, leaning on the crutch. "What the hells wrong with you?" I asked. He turned and smirked.

" Hey, sweetheart. " he said.

"Don't call me that. Answer my damn question." I said, sternly. He rolled his eyes."Shane." I said.

" I lost my damn best friend because of you. You're the bitch who stole him. Made him take over leading this group. You're the bitch that Lori hates. Lori doesn't like you either. She wants Rick, I want you." He said.

" Hell to the no! I will not tolerate either of you! You and the whore can go rot in hell together."I stated loudly. I guess that ticked him off. He stalked away

Minutes later, Rick and Hershel came back with a male and female walkers. They lead them to the barn, everyone else had guns. Shane started to go off on everyone. He then took out his hand gun and point it at the female walker. " Would a sick person take this?" He asked and shot her about three times. My mouth opened in horror. What the hell was he thinking?!

Just then, he shot the female and ran to the barn. Prying at the doors, I limped back behind everyone as the doors flew open. Shane got back as the walkers piled out. Everyone joined in shooting the walkers. I pulled mine out from behind me and aimed. Breathing rapidly, I shot the walkers, too. I looked behind me for Aubrey to see her standing with Carol. Coming back, I shot the last one. We all stood there, horrified at what just happened. I turned around and ran as fast as my limping could go to Rick, and he snaked his arms around me. I watched the scene from his chest.

Another snarl came, this one younger and more feminine than the others. I stood up, pulling away slightly. A small, female walker came out. My heart dropped so hard I was shocked no one heard it. The walker had a big bite mark on her shoulder, she was almost white she was so pale. It was Sophia. Tears welled up in my eyes as the skinny girl walked out, watching us. "Sophia!" Carol yelled, running to her. Daryl, who was standing in Carols way, caught her and fell with her. No one had guts to kill her. I wouldn't. I lost her. It was my fault. Rick moved out of my grip, walking out in front of everyone. No. I thought. He raised his python and held it.

Bam.

Sophia fell lifelessly to the ground. Tears that welled, slid down my cheeks. There was silence, and then Carol's whimpers filled the air. Aubrey came up and hugged me, all stiff. Beth whimpered. Running to a woman, she went to flip it over and she strikes out. Andrea got a tool and put it through the walkers head.

That day, no one talked. We had a funeral for Sophia, Annette and Shawn. It was sad to see all of them, but.

At night, we all turned in earlier than normal.