[ 38 ]

K guys. I skipped Denise's death for now just because I'm so close of getting caught up like, its #soon.

⏫⏫

Denise is dead. My brother was there to witness it. Eugene bit a guy in the dick. And I missed it all. Just because Rick doesn't want me out on runs anymore like that. For my safety and for the baby. It couldn't get worse, could it?

**

My eyes fluttered open to something moving around the room. I looked around until I saw Rick standing and buttoning up his shirt. I tiredly watched him, a small grin on my lips.

"What?" He finally asks after not noticing me watching him for a while.

"Nothing. I'm just tired." I said and rolled over and pulled the covers over my head. It was peaceful until something crawled across the bed and flopped himself on me and stayed there," I don't mind this."

Rick laughed and got up for me to flip the covers off my head and then he flopped back down and gave me a kiss.

"Of course you don't." He laughed and went to get up but I grabbed ahold of his arm and pulled him back down.

"No. Let's not get out of bed." I whined and he shook his head, standing back up with a smile.

"We need to be productive today, Mercy."

I grumbled and covered my head for another minute before pushing the sheets off and sitting up, watching him leave. I got up and walked to the bathroom to brush out my hair and leave it down, putting on a tank top and one of Ricks flannels, changing my pants to jeans and slipping on my boots.

When I got outside,  Tobin was showing Rick a note and was complaining to Maggie and Morgan.

"What's going on?" I asked walking up. Tobin turned to me and opened his mouth the say something but Rick put a hand on his shoulder and shook his head,"What's going on?" I asked again.

"Mercedes...C-Carol's gone...." Rick said quietly. My heart dropped and I looked down.

"Where's Daryl?" I asked, looking back at him.

"He went after her on his bike,--" I tuned him out and turned around, sighing.

"So what are we going to do now?" I asked and looked back to Rick.

"You're going to stay here. Morgan and I are going to look for her. Rosita, Glenn and Michonne went with Daryl. " Rick said looking towards Maggie who nodded.

I couldn't argue with him. He told me to stay here when there are missions. After Michelle trying to cut my stomach and kill the baby, I can't. The only thing I was afraid of, other than losing my brother or Rick. Plus they need me back here to watch over.

~

I took the gun and put the strap on my shoulder, walking up to the gate with Rick and Morgan. We all stopped as Eugene went to get ready to open the gates.

"Please find her...and bring her back safely." I said and wrapped my arms around Rick's torso and he did the same to me.

"I'll try my best. I love you." He said and kissed the top of my head.

"I love you too." I whispered, looking up and kissing him on the lips before stepping back and letting out hands hold on to each other and then let go, mine go right down to the gun. They got into the car and drove off, and I watched until the gate closed.

**

It was a long time to stand up and watch over the land behind me. I looked down to Eugene who looked back at me. My eyes then went to Abraham who looked up at me and I nodded carefully, climbing down the ladder.

"You need to go eat. We don't want a hangry pregnant woman running around here." Abraham jokes and makes me chuckle lightly.

"Well then. I love you too Abraham." I playfully roll my eyes, handing over the gun.

"That's right." He smiled and I rolled my eyes again, walking away from him and down the sidewalk, stopping by the pantry to get lunch.

"Mercedes?" A smaller voice asked. I turned around and smiled toward Enid.

"Hey." I said quietly.

"Hey. I'm going to take over your next shift for you." She said quietly, making me turn all the way around.

"You don't need to. I have it handled." I stated simply, furring my eyebrows.

"No, you need to stay here and rest. We don't want you weak from not enough rest. " Enid shot back at me, making me nod.

"Alright." I said and she smiled turning away,"Hey Enid?"

"Yeah?" She turned back to me with a small smile.

"Do you know how to cut hair?" I asked and she nodded.

"Why?"

**

I sat quietly, looking off into the darker part of the house as Enid clipped off places I told her to.

"Mercedes your hair. Its so perfectly curled now." Enid said with shock.

"Yeah. I guess so." I responded looking down with a small toothless grin.

"Why did you want all of this gone?" She asked, clipping a little more

"I have to keep going." I said picking up the small mirror and looking at my now short hair," I don't want anything in my way."

"Oh." She responded putting the scissors down.

My stomach started twisting, causing so much pain I screamed out and latched my arms around it, squeezing my eyes shut. The mirror dropped with a crash. It twisted again and I fell down beside the mirror and screamed out.

"Mercedes!" Enid crouched down beside me and put her hand on my arm as I held my eyes shut. And started crying at the pain.

"Abraham! Rick! " Enid screamed, sitting by my side. I couldn't move. I couldn't feel anything.

"Enid?" It was Rick. And then new boots. Abraham.

"Mercedes?!" Rick came down beside her and I opened my eyes for a short moment, seeing him, Abraham, Enid and Maggie all bent over and looking at me before I blacked out.

--

I swear this stuff will get better when I edit okay?