[39]

"So he told just Rick, knowing everyone was afraid to live already. So if I were you I would just shut your big ass mouth, Chinaman."

He looked in horror.

"Remember when I pissed you off when Rick told us about us all being infected? Look at us now."

He laughed, brightening my day as well.

"Hey, you are stronger than this. Don't get down over one thing,Mer. You are too strong and way too independent in the mind to worry about that. Mercedes, you are like a sister to me, ever since we met. Yeah we didn't get along in the beginning, but look at us now. We are family."

He gave me a sense of hope.

Until.

-

"Mercedes?" My eyes fluttered open from pitch black to see Aaron with a small grin on his face. I was sweating. I felt weak. I hurt

"Hey." I said weakly to him, with a small smile.

"Its good to see you're kicking again. We are on our way to Hilltop. We are going to get you to that doctor." He said and made me smile more.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"You're welcome Mercedes. Now, I'm going to see how Ricks doing and send him back. You have him freaking out right now." Aaron joked, laughing lightly, making me laugh softly. He let go of my hand and stood up walking out of this small room. Seconds later, a worried Rick came through the open doorway moments later.

"Oh my God, you're okay." He said and came over and kneeled beside the bed I was lying on.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I said with a small smile.

"We thought we were going to lose you. I can't afford losing you or that baby." He said and grabbed ahold of my hand and held it tight.

"Awe baby, you should know I won't leave you that fast and that easy." I whispered making him grin.

"We are getting there. We will figure this out and what happened." He said, kissing my forehead. I shook my head and put my left hand on his cheek, and then running it to his chin to pull him to give him and kiss on the lips.