[ 34 ]

*2 months later*

It feels like five. Especially being pregnant. But yet, it doesn't stop me from helping around Alexandria. Painting up names of people we lost. I had no pain or sympathy to put up the rest of the Anderson's names. The one I did, was Deanna's.

Standing on the watch 'tower' my eyes squinted when I saw what looked like Spencer wonder off into the woods with a shovel. I furred my eyebrows and got down, trying to catch up to him. When I got out of the gates, I followed his path into the woods. I knew that my husband or my brother won't have let me go out, but they are not here. I followed Spencer, knowing he knew I was behind him.

"Go back, Mercedes. You shouldn't be out here." He said clearly back to me but kept walking.

"Neither should you. So I guess we are both in trouble." I shot back, narrowing my eyes.

"You have a baby on the way plus a brother and a husband. What do I have? Nothing. I lost my family." He said as he walked into a clearing to turn and look at me. I stopped and watched him, feeling guilt planting on me.

"I'm sorry you lost your real family, but you also have your group back home. I know you lost your family, I did too, you know. I watched my brother get bit and die in front of me. I've watched people that I've grown close to get bit, shoot themselves, get shot by other people. You die, one way or another, Spencer. People die, you have to get use to it. A group member got pregnant once and she died during birth. That's were Judith came from." I paused, looking around then back to him,"So am I going to die the same way Lori did? Possibly. Is it the way I want to? No, in fact. Spencer, don't die out here for because you have no family left. You're not the only one."

He starred at me, then the ground. I heard fast footsteps behind me, and I turned around quickly to see Carl slowly running, watching behind him. My eyes narrowed as I wondered what he was doing out here alone.

"Carl?" I whispered but them I looked behind him. My heart stopped to see a walker chasing him. My first reaction was to go kill it, but I hesitated when I saw who the walker was. She slowly turned to face us, walking towards us. She stumbled through the bushes, and I looked at Spencer. It was Deanna, as a walker. I had no idea she was bit, or however she turned, and I was devastated. Such a kind and hopeful woman, who really wanted to see a new world. Tears formed in my eyes as she came over, and I grabbed her hands and put them behind her back, Spencer coming up, with tears in his eyes. He reached behind her neck and stabbed the back of her neck.

"I got her..." He whispered and I backed off, tears still flooding my eyes. I felt so sorry for him, thinking he wouldn't have to do this. It was heart breaking.

**

After we made her a grave, carving a D in the tree trunk, we headed back to Alexandria.

"That's why I had to come out here." Spencer said as we walked. I looked over to him, then back to the path." I saw her get out, and I had to find her."

"I understand. You wanted to put you last family member down." I whispered, seeing the gates of Alexandria growing closer.

"Sorry for going off on you earlier,too. I was just stressed." He sighed. I put a hand on his back to make sure he was alright.

"Right back to you. I have a hard time handling my emotions. 'Cause ya know...pregnancy." I said and he chuckled softly. Rosita saw us at the gates and motioned to Eugene who was on the other side. Once in, I have Spencer a hug, one last time to make sure he was alright.

"I'm always here for you Spencer. Alright?" I said holding one of his hands.

"Of course." He smiled and walked away slowly. I gave a small smirk as he walked away, thinking on the subject of what just happened.

"You know, if you were not in a relationship with Rick, I'd one hundred percent ship you with Spencer."

I turned around and gave Eugene a weird look, raising my eyebrow.

"Why?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

"Your relationship that just blossomed right there. Of course, you are with Rick. But, take him out of the picture, no doubt." He stated looking at me.

"Bud, I love you, but shut up." I said with a playful laugh.

"Either ways, both men would be happy to have you as their partner. You are an amazingly beautiful woman, Mercedes." He nodded slowly. I smiled and said a thanks before stalking back to the house. As I made my way there, I saw Daryl walking the streets as well.

"Aye, bro." I came up beside him and nudged his arm.

"Aye, sis, where have ya been?" He asked, looking up at the now dark sky.

"Ehh, doing stuff." I shrugged and he starred at me, making me spill everything. "So, now what did you guys find?"

"Jesus."

"No. What?"

"We found Jesus." Daryl stated again.

"I think it's making me dizzy and not hearing you right. I'm going to bed now, cause I think I heard you saying you found Jesus. Night!" I said and walked away, leaving Daryl with a confused look. I walked up the stairs and made small talk with Carl and Judy, kissing them both on the forehead before opening the door to go in. My heard dropped at the scene. Rick and Michonne sat in the dim light on the couch, their faces together.

"What the hell?!" I yelled softly, not wanting to wake the others. They both shot their eyes to me and I narrowed mine.

"Mercedes....I-" Rick stood, and I held out my hand.

"No. Enough said." I said and slammed the door, walking to the stairs of the porch.

"Mom?" Carl asked worriedly. "What happened?"

"Nothing, sweetie. If your dad comes out, say I didn't tell you anything. Alright?" I asked, and he nodded. I leaped off the stairs and darted to what Alexandria called their prison. I could only see because of the moonlight, and the tears in my eyes didn't help. A figure sat in the corner and I froze.

"Hello. You must be upset?" The voice said. Thank god it wasn't a walker.

"Yeah, how did you know...and who are you?" I asked as he stood up and walked into the partial light. I looked at him, tears in my eyes.

 I looked at him, tears in my eyes

"By your eyes, and your voice. I'm Jesus."

My eyes widened and then it hit me, Daryl and Rick found a guy named Jesus.

"I've heard." I said, nodding slowly. "Mercedes Gr- Dixon." I was too upset to even use his last name.

"Daryl's sister?" He asked raising an eyebrow. I nodded. "Ah, he cares a lot about you, and so does Rick." Jesus told me, and I frowned.

"Why did they bring you here?" I asked sitting down across from him.

"I don't know their reason, but mine is for a help for my group,Hilltop."

A/N

Ahem.

So when I updated a couple days ago, I had like 15.5K reads. I check this morning, and I have 16.6K reads.

"What the bitch."
(~Abraham)

This is amazing! I want to thank y'all so much for sticking with me and reading this every update even when I don't follow quite with the show!

Thanks guys so much!

❤ Angel