[ 44 ]

I know I'm  uncomfortable in a lot of situations, but this one made me feel very uncomfortable.

The people circled my group, and actually made a small circle and a slightly larger on the outside. We all starred around watching our surroundings as they finalized the circle.

"Are you collective or does one lead?" A distinct voice popped out of the crowd.

"This." A blonde with her hair back in a low bun came up and shoved Rick into view. Then, a woman with a really unusual haircut steps forward and looks at trick with a slight smile.

"Hi. I'm Rick." He spoke up softly slightly stepping my way, more in a protective manner. I narrowed my eyes and watched the crowd again.

"We own your lives now. Wanna buy them back?" She spoke confidentially but also made me wonder," have anything?"

"You have one of my people. Gabriel. I want to see him first, and then we can talk." Rick mentioned, watching the leader, who nods to the lady with the bun and she goes around the corner and then brings out Gabriel without his jacket and collar and man I can say his ripped. Wait, focus Mercedes. You got a husband and 3 kids, one being on the way. Whew.

"The boat things you took got taken. Saw them,so we took the rest. Then we took him." The leader told us. Has she forgotten the English language?

"Well then, you know we have nothing to buy back our lives with....that's what you'll have soon. Nothing....because me and my people already belong to that group who took those supplies from the boat. They are called the Saviors. They own our lives and if you kill us you'll be taking something from them....and they will come looking. You only have two options when it comes to the Saviors." He paused and looked around before going on," either they kill you or they own you. But there's a way out. Join us. Join us. In fighting them."

The leader studied Rick for a long time before her slight grin came back.

"No." She then twirled her finger around and I felt my heart drop. All of a sudden, someone attacked Ricl and then the rest of the group. A guy came feom behind me and grabbed me by the neck so I lifted my leg and the swing back with all my pressure to make him slightly bend over for me to fight my way out and push him down. I got ready to fight another before I turned to see Gabriel with a knife to the low bun womans neck.

"Away feom Tamiel now." The leader spat sassily to Gabriel. I gotta say, I'm quite impressed with his skill now to go and protect himzelf and stop the fighting too.

I was caught up with those thoughts I missed his speech but watched him let go of Tamiel.

"Your words. Now." The leader demanded.

"If you join us and we beat them togethet, you could have much of whats theirs. Fighting with us, you'll get rewarded. More than you can imagine." Gabriel tried to explain, as we all studied the woman.

"Want something now." Man this woman doesnt know English well anymore.

" Rick, can do anything. This group, they found me. Here. So far from our home. What do you need? Just tell us we will get it for you. We'll show you what we can do! Now!" Gabirel actually was scaring me now. My inner self giggled while I watched them.

"Tamiel. show Rick Up Up Up." The leader says, nodding softly. Rick looked back at me and I looked at him eerily before he walked away and disappeared for a long time.

"Where did they take him?" I demanded after a while to the people. A woman pointed ahead and up. I turned back and looked up to see the three people on top of the hill. I watched carefully, eyebrows furring slightly wondering what the hells going on. Then, out of the blue, Rick fell into the garbage in front of us. My heart stopped slightly and I felt like breaking down.