[ 31 ]

Merc:

"Merc." Someone said. I woke up back in my beautiful house I owned before the apocalypse began. That's when I saw him. Mitch. My husband. I looked down and I was in a blue dress.

"Where am I?" I asked looking around.
"Its a dream. You will wake up soon." He said and walked towards me."but I have something to tell you."

"Where's our kids?" I asked.

"Their in heaven with me. Don't worry." He said and I breathed out. I can calm down now that I know my family is safe.

"Mercedes, Ricks going to turn. " Mitch said. I turned to him.

"What? What do you mean?" I asked. He started to fade and so did I. " No. No. Mitch!"

"Mercedes?" A voice asked and my eyes slowly opened. I began to worry because the last time I was awake, we met a guy in the fields. I turned over to see Carol who was slowly smiling.

"Carol? Where am I?" I asked. She handed me a water bottle and I took it and drank.

"Alexandria Safe Zone. You and Maggie met a man named Aaron. He took us here." Carol said softly and handed me some cookies. I smiled a thank you to her and took one.

"Now. Can you explain your stomach?" She asked just as I bit into the cookie. I looked from her to my stomach that was slightly larger since the last time I saw it.

"Carol, I-I might be p-pregnant. We starved. That means you should get skinnier. But I got bigger. I also began to throw up a lot when no one's looking." I said, and she shot her look to me." Please. Don't tell anyone. Or Rick." I pleaded.

"Don't worry, honey. I knew you had to be pregnant when your moods changed dramatically, and when you fainted and we brought you in here." Carol smiled." Don't worry. I covered you up so he couldn't see it when he came in here to check on you."

"Thanks,Carol." I said sitting up. It took a lot of power, and Carol to get me on my feet. We walked over to the door and she opened it too fast, to blind me by the light.

"Whoops." She said. My eyesight cleared up and I walked outside. It was a beautiful neighborhood. Walls were built on the outside, I could see. Carol motioned to follow her and I did.