[ 2 ]

The sun peaked in just right to hit my face and make me groan slightly. I then sat up, opening my eyes and groaning for a second.

Standing up, I slid open the tent quietly, and slipped out after putting on my boots.

"Morning Miss.Mercedes." Carol walked up with a plate of food.

"Thank you, Carol." I responded, taking the plates and walking back to the tent to slide the flap of the entrance open.

It was all going great until a high pitched scream pierced our ears.

Taking no time, I leaped up, grabbing my katana that sat beside where I slept and sprinted out of the tent to where the scream was.

It was somewhat deep in the beginning of the woods where a deer lay, and everyone stood taking turns beating up a walker. I pushed the two people in front of me and sighed.

When it stood again I gracefully swung the sword around and broke the head off. I sighed again at them while flicking the blood off the katana. " Come on guys." I mumbled as a snap came from infront of them. My brother, Daryl, appeared with an angered look.

" Sum bitch!" He yelled. " Thats my deer!" He yelled grabbing an arrow out of the deer." Look at it. All gnawed on by this stupid,disease-baring, motherless,poxy bastard!" Daryl yelled kicking the walkers body.

" Daryl." I hissed.

" Calm down." Dale said.

" Shut up ole man. Why don't you take that hat and go back to On Golden Pond." Daryl hissed. I had to chuckle a little at that. Daryl was going to leave but the head of the walker moved. " Come on people." He said shooting the head." What the hell.." He said and walked away.

" Merle! Get ya' cubby ass out 'ere! Got us sum squirrel! " Daryl yelled.

" Yeah forgot about your sister." I yelled and he just scoffed. Rolling my eyes, everyone tried his attention.

"There was a problem in Atlanta. " Shane said that took Daryl off.

" He dead?" Daryl asked.

" Not sure... " Shane responded.

" He either is or he ain't! " Daryl snapped.

" Theres no easy way to say it so I'll. " Rick came in. Daryls eyes looked straight at him.

" Who are you?"he retored.

"Rick Grimes." He said clearly before Daryl went off.

" Rick Grimes? You got somethin' to tell me?" He asked.

" Your brother was a danger to us all. So I handcuffed him to the roof on a piece of metal. " Rick said.

" Hold on. Lemme process this. So you handcuffed my brother to a roof. And you left him there?" Daryl yelled.

" Yeah." Rick said calmly. Daryl then threw the squirrel and came a Rick.

" Hey! Daryl!" I spat, Shane tackled him to the ground and locked him in a head lock.

" You best let me go!" Daryl yelled.

" Nah, I think it's better I dont." Shane argued. Rick bent down and talked slowly to him. Knowing my brother, that would be the easiest.

" It was my fault. Rick gave me the keys. I dropped it." T said.

" And you couldn't have picked it up?" Daryl asked.

" I dropped it down the drain." He responded.

" Like a dumbass." I mused loudly.

" Mercedes." I heard Dale say.

" Shut up." I hissed.

" Hell with all y'all. Just tell me where he is. So I can go get em." Daryl said.

" He'll show you. Isn't that right." Lori said.

" Damn right." I chirped in. It pissed Lori off and she walked into the RV.

~

Everyone did their chores as Rick and them got ready. I wanted to go but was forced to stay back and protect the group with Shane. Of every god damn work of the world, it just had to be with him.

Sitting by Daryl whiping down my katana. Shane and Rick came walking up from the tent set up talking about our eldest brother. " Tell me why. Why? Why would you risk your life for a douche bag like Merle Dixon?" He questioned.

" Ey, choose your words more carefully." Daryl said.

" I know. Doushe bags what I ment." Shane retored.I rolled my eyes at him. I threw the towel at Daryl and he cleaned the arrows. Lori started to fight with Rick and Shane, tired and wanting Rick to stay.

" What? Is he the excuse to stop screwin' Shane? Honey, thats a disgrace." I said with a cocked eyebrow. Shane and Lori shot me a deadly glare but I shrugged and walked away.

" Stay safe, big brother." I said to Daryl who was standing at the truck.

" You too. And keep the group safe." He said. When I walked away.

I walked down with the girls to gaurd them washing clothes. Shane and Carl were catching frogs not to far away. Jacqui and Andrea started to talk about why they had to go and wash clothes. And it all drifted to what they missed.

" I do miss my Maytag." Carol said.

" I miss my coffee maker with that gold drip filter and built in grinder, honey." Jacqui said and smirked.

" My computer...and texting." Amy said. They looked at the blonde who was drifting off.

" I miss my comrades in the police department. " I shrugged. After a smiling pause, they began again.

" I miss my vibrator. " Andrea admits. Jacqui smirked again and Amy laughed.

" Me too." Carol chirped in. Everyone bursts out laughing at the so timid woman finally having some fun.

" What's so funny?" Ed, Carol's abusive husband asked.

"Just swapin' war stories, Ed." Andrea said. After a while he didnt go away.

" Problem, Ed?" I asked stepping up and in front of him.

" None that concerns you." He retorted.

" You should be focused on your work. This ain't no comedy club." He said to all of them. I rolled her eyes and walked away from them.

After a while, Ed became a bug. Andrea started to talk to him and threw a towel at him, he chucked it back. He soon motioned to Carol but Andrea stopped it. He began to walk with Carol but Andrea stepped in and dragged her away. Ed got loud and soon his hand smacked Carol. It became a fight and I couldn't handle the mess.

Taking a couple steps forward, I pushed the man in front of me with all my might to make him stumble back, enough to pull out my butterfly knife and point it at his neck.

"Do not lay your hands on that woman like that again. If you do so God help you when I find out." I threatened before stomping off and Shane stepping in.