CHAPTER 7 I'LL PICK YOU UP

IAN'S POV

Everyone seems pleased at the end of the conference making everything look quite promising already.

Marvin found himself an unpaid job. Unnecessarily busy with Yvanna ,the youngest female investor here from Egypt. Anyone looking at her facial expression can see how bored she is already.
I don't know if I should feel bad for my dump friend who doesn't have a clue to the disinterest of his occupant, or simply keep on pretending like I didn't know him.
I thought you had to be brainy to be a playboy. Or is he is only able to convince his kind.

Everyone is lost in one world or another. Even "my" assistant was entertaining the German guy with a Nigerian name, "Chidi" I think.

Looking around I just know I feel this sense of fulfillment deep down. Maybe some sort of happiness. I just can't pinpoint what exactly.
I've been holding productive conferences since I turned 19 and my Dad thought it best, to find a new source of full time entertainment for himself. So it definitely wasn't the successful meeting giving me this inner feeling.

These little butterflies in my belly . Sounds funny I know.
Making my way to the big glass windows, my eyes immediately find a certain someone pretty occupied. She has already made her self super comfortable in one of the sofas with every single company magazine at the reception. Not that I mind. Those magazines did good with my pictures.

She looks seraphic I believe. I now think I love what she has done with her hair now. Those escaped strands in her face are just beautiful.
Damn I feel more funny. The butterflies have multiplied for some reason. Looking back up, it doesn't take long for our eyes to meet. Trying my best to mask up every emotion, I simply look away and make my way back to my seat.

KOFFEE'S POV

I'm not going to lie. This guy is a walking distraction. Giving hot, hot, hot. Not a single page made less justice. If I hadn't met him already, I mean the coffee shop scene, then yes, I would say yes if he asks me out. I dont want him to. I'm just giving a scenario. It would be flattering to even have him as a friend. Not bad at all.

Those greens. They compliment everything. Every single thing. Its just something. His eyes, they are the most beautiful yet the most intimidating part about him. I feel they look intense. Almost like its calling out for the attention it doesn't even know it craves for. Looking up towards the conference room, I see him, just like in the magazines , those intense eyes. however still an unbothered face. Frownie. I have to find a way to thank him for the bulk order and take my money. Your girl needs the cash. We didn't even discuss payment and I dont mind giving a huge discount. The exposure was simply good.
Finding his eyes again, we seemed locked in a mini stare off. He looks me in the eye and just leaves. Yes and just leaves. I mean I couldn't even be surprised even if I wanted to.
***********************************

Its been almost an hour since "the conference people", my Naana would say, left. Sandra isn't down yet though. I was thinking of treating her to some drinks and barbecue. Packing up my last belongings, I make my way to the van and make sure I had everything in there. Then I wait in the car for Frownie's assistant to finally come out.

Just as Blake and Gwen Steffani's "Nobody but you" dies out from the car's speakers, Sandra walks out of the building, chatting happily with her boss and the arrogant playboy, Marvin I think. They seem pretty invested in the conversation, till all eyes find mine and Sandra turns and shows out her tongue to Frownie. Yes I'm surprised too. I didn't think she was allowed to.
Happily she walks up to me but doesn't get on the van immediately.

¬¬Koffee. I just knew you would be waiting. Told yah(she says directly to her boss. Of cause, he'll think I wouldn't wait)

¬¬Yes. I thought it would be nice to have a few drinks and barbecue after a long day, you know maybe find a good looking guy to carry the bills. Just kidding, but we could use the change in space.

Smiling like there is no tomorrow, she looks at Frownie and looks back at me.

¬¬Well today is graced. My boss made the same invitation a few minutes ago. You dont mind we join them. Do you? At least we already have the good looking guy who would carry the bills.

¬¬How generous. I'm impressed. I'll just need some clothe change. Do you think your boss could wait. Ermmm just, you know for a boss like him. He might want to take his women out, rather than get stuck with a coffee girl and his assistant

¬¬Ian; I'll pick you up in an hour. Sandra, kindly send me the location when you both ready.

IAN'S POV

She is breathtaking ,going both ways. In a good and bad way. I'm suffocating from her beauty and the response I would have wanted to give to her comment.

"My women"? That's crazy.
Whats more crazy right now, is the fact that, Marvin is still out there staring at her like some zombie and testing my patience. I cant see her from here but I can unnecessarily see Marvin. Rolling the tinted glass down a bit, I can hear his dump attempt to make conversation with her sipping through the windows.

Marvin; Koffee right? Coffee is everything a man could ask for.

.(NO RESPONSE) Good Heavens.

¬¬Thanks for the coffee and coconut cakes especially. We all loved it

¬¬I'm flattered you all did. Sandra please hop in, I dont want to keep your busy boss waiting.

(Did she have to bring me into everything)

¬¬See you later too princessa, Marvin adds up.

Remind me where I met him again.
Yes, where drunkards are praised.
The bar.

*********★*****************★*****************★**