CHAPTER 12 WE ARE EVEN

(Image from wallpaper Safari)

IAN'S POV

Currently its 7;40 pm. I feel stuck in a chair I voluntarily sat in. A peach balloon chair to be precise. I'm pretty occupied though. Averting my gaze from Taty's wasn't an easy task. The only comfort I was receiving  this moment, is knowing I wasn't the only one being scrutinized.

Koffee was stuck somewhere behind me. Still at the corner of her door but still within space my eyes could reach. It was a funny not soo funny situation , because Taty hadn't even said a word yet. She had only been staring. It was obvious Mouthy wouldn't be saying anything now either. So I had to.

¬¬I see you must  have been on quite a trip to get here. So ,I would have loved to stay, but I would have to take my leave. Its not like I informed Koffee I was coming over.

Turning to look at her still at the corner of her door. She looked so tired till her eyes met mine. Boiling anger, so I sharply turned and continued. "I was only returning something she left when she passed by earlier . It was a short but  pleasure to mee.............

A loud laugh cut my fine escape. I looked up to see  Taty laugh so hard that she almost fell back in the ballon chair.

"Wow . Just wow. Quite a show. As entertaining as this is , you walking temptation of Adam . I'll have you know , every single word you just uttered from those fine lips that looked like they were sculpted with clay from the moon and material that denies gravity do not affect me in the least. I don't know what's up with you and my little sister stuck by the door , but I would stop at nothing to dig out every seed and dirt. However just as you said, I've had a very, very, very  long day. All spent on a journey from Sultana to this place. We'll only have to do the easy option and shift this convo to the next day, so she by the door explains to me why she decided to date a celebrity and why you also think you are worth her time and commitment Sir."

"WHATTTTTT"...Koffee and I both half shouted surprisingly with the revelation we both didn't know existed.

The unbothered Taty, now excused herself and left us to our mind wars, as we both stared at her retreating figure.

As soon as she was out of ear's reach, flowers rained down on me. Well among a  lot of things coming, I didn't see that.

Looking up to meet her eyes, I see the rage merged with hate dancing in her browns as she bravely served all of it. She didn't have to say a word her gaze said it all, holding nothing back.
How unfortunate, that my eyes betray me. Couldn't help but take her in for the second time today. She had changed into a yellow sunny dress that ended just above her knees. It didn't tight her but equally gave out the right facts about her beautiful figure. Her feets were so small compared to every normal girl of her height. Coming back up, my eyes just noticed her hair. I hadn't seen it earlier, it wasn't in a bun or bow like the other days. It was loose and reached down behind her shoulder. Not straight and neither with defined curls. Just hair, beautiful, radiant and black.

"I SAID I WANT YOU OUT!!"
That's  all I needed to hear to pull me out from my thoughts as I watched her now beside an already opened door. Doesn't she get it. This isn't about her anymore. Her sister claims we are in a relationship and is pretty convinced about it. All she wants is me out ,without even talking about it first?

¬¬Koffeee. calm down . we need to talk about what I did earlier at my house. I'm sorry for how I acted, but what are we going to tell your sister.

Looking at me, she laughed , though obvious it was still fused with anger and pain from earlier.

¬¬There is nothing to talk about Frownie. Just leave. I just keep running out of patience by just  seeing your arrongant face.

She didn't even hear a word from what I said earlier.  She hates me that much to listen. So quietly, I give up trying to do the convincing and walk out without stopping. Not even for a second. I'm never looking back. For heaven's sake, its not like she ever cared like I did, even if I did secretly. I'm done with this back and forth. We are even.

**************************************************

Dear lovely readers,
Just a random thought,
Do you still remember that one book you  procrastinated to read because you judged by its cover?
I remember a few. You really shouldn't judge a book by its cover.