CHAPTER 21 SWEET SOUR

She looked irritated,  almost like she was about to blow off. Unfortunately she never had the chance to perform any outrageous act, because the old lady with an angelic face brightened the room with her presence.

She warmly smiled at me, ignoring "7 colours", and asked how well I slept and if I was ready to eat.

Who wouldn't take up the offer to escape company with trouble? So, I accepted and followed her to the kitchen.
Still feeling the evil stare on me , I turned and stuck out my tongue to the witch  before disappearing out of sight.

The kitchen was magnificent.

  Real Big

What's with rich people and extra large things.
Like baking a cake in a 50 inch oven that can house 700 cupcakes. Like having a whole line of plates with different shades of colours, when only a few would be used.

Leaving that, the kitchen had a homey look attached to it.  The sunlight feeled the place with warmth. I turned to see Aunty U starring at me, suspiciously.

She used her chin to indicate the direction of the seat by the counter.  So I climbed on it, and was surprised my long feets didn't touch the ground. Cute.

I then smiled at her and said, "Ian asked me to find my food downstairs "

"You don't worry my child. Let me warm up your food since you took quite long to get down. A few minutes please."

Turning, she moves around a couple of times, before placing a warm bowl of porridge with berries, milk and cheese in it.

I love what I saw. Good art. Food art. For someone like me, cooking wasn't always a voluntary task. I've also never been a huge fun of measuring the sizes of the vegetables I cut and the regular shapes they could be in.

I'm just a "combine and cook" nothing more. Its no wonder, every garnished food gets my attention even before I actually taste it.

Savouring the first bites, I concentrated on the flavours, as my taste buds exploded in my mouth. Before I could proceed with my next, a voice belonging to Aunty U interrupted saying,
" I have this feeling deep down that you're good for each other. Doesn't he attract you in any way?"

"No he Doesn't ". Well that was quicker than I expected. I dont mean he isn't attractive. That wasn't the motive for the comment.

"He's not your type? He's ugly to you".

"Come on Aunty U. Ugly? That's totally impossible.  He's like every girls dream stepping into reality".

"Including you?"

"Well if it were in different circumstances, maybe yes. Now I believe it would have worked out."

"So u do like him?"

" Maybe,I would have liked him."

" You do like him. You just don't like the circumstances you are both in"

"Oh my....."

"Yes honey. Meaning time and space can increase your chances of actually becoming the great couple I believe you can be"

"That's something I don't want to find out.  Besides we'll never know" . Ian's voice interrupted us. He walked in quite angry. Avoiding contact with me, he walked into the kitchen and to the fridge like I didn't exist.

What with him and mood swings. I thought we were fine this morning.

"Hey you good ?"I directed my concern to him.

Turning with a half filled water bottle, he had this disappointed look in his eyes for a second before it switched back. Like it was never there.

Then he said, "we'll leave in 15".
He walked out.
I watched his retreating figure trying to figure out the cause for his mood change this time .