CHAPTER 16 THE MEDIA

Image from https://www.pinterest.com/bq_io5/

KOFFEE'S POV
After an awkward bye bye, I scurried up the stairs to the silence of my room. I'm very surprised I haven't heard a word from my sister and Jojo today. The house also looks the same as I left it. Or maybe, I didn't come back to it the same as I left. Something changed.

There is this new butterfly feeling below my belly. The feeling of a thousand of them. Walking up to the kitchen counter, I lean back and stare at my ceiling, reliving the unexpected events of the day. I was so engrossed in my thoughts , that I didn't note that this times there was a change in my environment. The presence of another.

I never noticed , that my sister had joined me ten minutes ago with a glass of orange juice in her hand , sitting on one of my balloon chairs and looking at me.
Just as I escaped from my thoughts ready to move from my position on the counter, I hear,
" How was your day Ma'am "

I nearly dropped on the floor like my bag and stared at my sister with dread as she got up and went to the light switch. Turning the lights on , I felt more embarrassed because now the darkness couldn't envelope my guilt,and uncalled shyness.

Her next words had me wishing she never came here on vacation despite the fact that I missed her.
"So someone has been smart enough to go see her man in his office prior to our meeting time. Guess what and? They further went out on a date"

I try masking up emotions and ask her, "what do you mean?"

"Well you should ask the papers?". A sinister smile still playing on her lips, she dropped the magazines I didn't notice earlier in her hands.

It read, IS OUR ANDINO DIAMANDIS OFF THE MARKET NOW?
Well I don't know, even if its clear I'm the one in the photos. Lovely night.

IANS POV

Walking into the house and seeing my Dad, not anywhere hidden in the house with his puppet, but with a glass of wine in the living room was no surprise.
Where did we go wrong? We used to be so close even if we never spoke about her.

As the years went by, everything seemed fine only when we are alone. Slowly turning to him in his chair, I gave a tired smile and walked up to him. Taking the seat directly opposite to him, I poured my self another glass, and joined in the comfortable silence.

" I missed you son, you no longer tell me anything "

"I missed you too Dad, since you're always occupied with this one youth ", I answer with disgust lacing my words. We all the know that witch might even be eavesdropping. But I didn't care.

"I know I haven't set the best examples , but was it worth me finding out the way I did,that you found a girlfriend "

"You say that like there wasn't one out there for me "

"No son. I'm saying that because I never imagined you wanted to. I mean it wasn't obvious the last time we spoke"

"Yes three, maybe five years ago?"

"You know I tried son. I was busy. "

"Yes you were. Busy skipping your son's graduation, son's promotion parties, thrice for that one, donation and charity events because you had this youth from nowhere to entertain."

His loud glass hit the table, as he stared deep then surprisingly replaced his frown with an adoring smile.

" I see the similarities. She was just as fearless."
Looking at me in the eye, he turned and stared down into his glass with pain and regret and continued, "she was so good, Ian she loved......."

"Dad please. Lets not do this. Let's not remind each other for the millionth time that it will end in chaos. I need to get to work early tomorrow. Goodnight ."

Abandoning my drink, like I always did. I excused myself, like I was trying to get away from her in flesh. Even my heart would take discussing her. She wasn't worth it. I never was too. That's why she left.

Just before I was out of ear's reach, I heard him whisper,
" I really wish I could tell you, what really happened. I wish son."

**************

One thought after the other, kept going in and out of my head. Would be fine if I had a drink or something. Marvin. I haven't heard from the player in weeks. He must have had tough matches. Smiling to myself I stretch to pick up my phone.

That's a crazy tone of messages. I see the alerts on my social media. I'm not a fun of the media , but the harsh tags, especially the one with the coffee girl and my name had me invested.

Opening the articles I sit up with urgency. Photos of Koffee and I leaving the office and going into the restaurant were all over the media.
Damn. Who could have been such a snitch?

At times like these, I just forget I'm even a celebrity. The son of Andino Diamandis.
Couldn't help myself than going through all the pictures. In one of the photos , Koffee was so close to me with my arm on her lower back. We looked good together. That soft face , if only they knew her mouth.

Laughing I zoom in on the pic and try recounting every feature into memory.
Somewhere along the way I fell asleep. The thoughts of a coffee girl journeying me through the stars.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_--_-_-_- _-_-

Dear readers ❤,
You're on the 16th chapter already.
Don't forget to vote.
I would be grateful if you could add this book to your public reading list.
I remember finding good books from the lists of others too.
With love, Pearl ❤