Chapter 1: Brand New Season

The day was April 4th and in a midwestern state called Illinois, there was a city called Chicago, which is the largest city in the state and is also known as The Windy City, The City that Works, The City of Broad Shoulders and Chi-Town and on the Southeast corner of Division Street and Elston Avenue, there was a building called the Abby Lee Dance Company, which is a dance studio which had a parking lot with entrance/exits to and from Division and Elston and pulling into the parking lot was a Silver Escalade and at the wheel was a heavyset woman with brown hair and green eyes named Abby Lee Miller, who is a dance teacher and owner of the Abby Lee Dance Company and with her in the front seat was a boy around 12 with brown hair and identical green eyes named Cooper, who is Abby's son and in addition, he's an actor and social media star as he's been in movies, tv shows and has attended award shows, premieres and other red carpet events. Even though he no longer dances competitively starting this season, he still helps other dancers in his mother's studio.

"Ready to begin a new season?" Abby asked her son.

"Been ready from the start." Cooper responded.

Abby and Cooper got out of the Escalade and walked to the entrance/exit of the studio and the inside had a front desk with red painted walls that had a fountain across from the desk and on the desk was a computer and calendar and on the left, there was a hallway which led to the bathrooms and the door that was on the very end was Abby's office which had a sofa, desk, computer and four chairs. The door next to the front desk led into a foyer with a vending maching, a staircase that led to an observation room and three doors, the left door led into Studio B, one of the three studio rooms, the door next to the staircase led into the Dancer's Den, which was where dancers hang out in between classes and rehearsals and the door on the right led into Studio A, the biggest studio room of the Abby Lee Dance Company and it had three doors like the foyer that led into Studio A, Studio B and Studio C, which is the third studio room. Studio A had a mirror with gold brick wall and it had the ALDC logo on there, Studio B had a mirror, silks and a mirror with a silver brick wall with the word "ALDC" in graffiti style and Studio C, whichad a red wall and white brick wall with the ALDC logo in red on it and the obseravtion deck had red benches and it gave views of the studio rooms. The studio had been renovated in recent years and coming from one of the studio rooms was a young woman around 22 with brown hair and gray eyes named Gianna Martello, who is Abby's assistant choreographer and godmother of Cooper as she used to babysit him and that was why they have a very close relationship.

"Hello, Abby. Hello, Coop." Gianna greeted The Millers.

"Hello, Gia." Cooper responded as he went over and hugged her.

"How are you?" Abby asked the assistant choreographer.

"Great."

"Great to know."

A Chevrolet Tahoe was seen arriving in the parking lot and after parking, a woman around 42 with ash blonde hair and brown eyes named Melissa Ziegler was seen getting out of the vehicle. Also exiting from the vehicle were 2 girls, one was 8 with aqua eyes named Maddie and the other was 6 with brown eyes named Mackenzie and they are Melissa's daughters.

"Hey, there." Abby and Cooper greeted.

"Hey, Abb. Hey, Coop." Melissa responded.

Arriving at the studio next was a blue Chrysler Town & Country van and getting out of the vehicle was a short ash blonde haired woman around 39 named Kelly Hyland and getting out of the vehicle were two girls, one was 13 with brown eyes and aqua eyes named Brooke and the other was 9 with blonde hair named Paige and the two girls are Kelly's daughters.

"Hello." Kelly greeted.

"How are you doing?" Cooper asked.

"Good." The Hylands responded as Brooke gave a wink to Cooper and he winked back at her.