Chapter 13: Preparing for 2011 Nationals

Two days later, in a 2 level bedroom on the 4th floor that was 1,600 square feet that had a bedroom with a flat screen tv and and also bathroom with a shower and bath tub and there was a living room which had a flat screen tv on a counter above the fireplace and there was a sofa that can also be turned into a sofa bed. There was a kitchen with a dishwasher, stove, microwave above the stove, coffee maker, silverware and a refrigerator and a dining area across from the kitchen with a dining table. There were stairs that led to the 2nd level and there was another bedroom with a flat screen tv and a bathroom which also had a shower, in addition there was a living room also with a flat screen tv.

Cooper was asleep on the sofa across from the kitchen as it was 8:00 am and he felt tapping on his shoulder, making the 13 year old stir and start to wake up, when he opened his eyes, he saw Abby standing over him as she was decked out in a black t-shirt and black track pants.

"Morning, mom." Cooper told Abby.

Morning, sweetheart." Abby responded before she hugged him. "I made it in as you were asleep at midnight and after arriving, Gianna and Melissa helped me bring you in this hotel room as this is our hotel room we'll be staying in while we're in Lake Tahoe and in addition, your grandmother is doing a whole lot better."

"That's great." Cooper said as he got up from the sofa. "I'm gonna get prepared as we'll head to the studio shortly."

"All right."

Cooper headed to the bathroom and when he entered, he took a shower, brushed his teeth and put his long hair in a ponytail before putting on a red t-shirt and red trackpants as red is his favorite color. On his feet were slide on sandals before he exited the bathroom.

"What do you think?" Cooper asked Abby.

"I like it." Abby complimented. "Also, between us two, Chloe and Maddie will have solos and they'll also have a duet. Brooke and Paige will also have a duet and we'll have the usual group dance and even Brookie and Mackenzie'll be in it."

"That sounds great." Cooper commented. "Hopefully Kelly can be on her best behavior, but i highly doubt it, knowing her."

"Yeah." Abby agreed.

Cooper then got his phone, mp3 player and camera. "I'm ready to roll when you are."

"Let's do it."

Abby and her son left their hotel room and walked down the hallway before arriving at the elevator, which took them down to the lobby where Gianna was standing.

"Hey, Abby. Hey, Coop." Gianna greeted.

"Hello, Gianna." Abby responded.

"Hey, Gia." Cooper responded before he, his mother and Gianna exited the hotel and got into a taxi van.

6 minutes later, Abby, Cooper and Gianna arrived at a studio called Forever Dance, where they would be rehearsing for Nationals and when the taxi van came to a stop at the entrance, they exited and entered the studio, there they got things before the girls and moms arrived.

"Here we are in yet another dance studio, another week and we have to learn a new group routine and it's tough, but we have to do it today and for this group dance, there'll be props, which are mirrors." Abby said. "We'll reflect on the past 2 weeks and i have been telling you all that you've been given this fantastic opportunity, we handselected you personally to go across the country, learn a new dance each week and do these competitions, but however, we can tell you haven't stepped up to the plate. We've got to see the energy, drive and fun and if you do not want to do it, we're certain that over 100 kids would love to take your spot. We want you to win and see that you're motivated. It's not just my name and reputation that's on the line, it's yours too."

Pyramid was next with Paige, Mackenzie, Nia and Brookie on the lower level as Brooke and Chloe were on the middle row with Maddie on top.

"Maddie, you have a solo and also a duet with Chloe, who also has a solo. Brooke, Paige, you two will have a duet, so do not bicker as sisters and work together as friends and everybody will be in the group, even Brookie and Mackenzie and it's known as This Is My Beauty, so everybody's an important piece of the puzzle and that means everybody must pull their own weight from the start and we've got to win. All right, let's start."

The moms then exited the studio and sat down on the steps.

"It's really nice outside." Holly remarked.

"I agree." Kelly agreed.

"I feel so bad for leaving the girls inside and coming outside. Poor girls." Christi sighed.

"Yeah." Hollie agreed. "What a season we have had."

"You're right about that and just to let all of you know, i'm going to head to Florida on vacation without Maddie and Mackenzie with Greg, i am leaving them with Abby and i know i'll miss Nationals and all that, but i need to get away." Melissa informed.

"We all do." Hollie said before Abby poked her head out the door.

"Ladies, i know it's hot and all, but we need you to come back in and watch the rehearsals as you should be in there the entire time." Abby told the moms, who got up and headed and headed into the studio. Chloe's solo Another Season was rehearsed, next Maddie's solo Manhattan was rehearsed and Brooke and Paige's duet Ooh La La was rehearsed next.