Chapter 3: Problems with Brooke's Hip

It was the day prior to competition, Kelly and Brooke had arrived at the Advanced Health Chiropractic South Loop on Roosevelt Road and with them was Cooper and when they entered and the chiropractor, a red haired woman named Skylar Thompson greeted them and she recognized Cooper as she had helped him two years prior when he was 11 and his hip was inflamed. They were there as Brooke's hip was bothering her. Also, Vivi had a solo and there was a group dance that would even have Mackenzie.

"Hey, Coop. How are you?" Dr. Thompson asked him.

"I'm doing good."

"I don't think it's a good idea for her to be competing this weekend to be honest with you." Dr. Thompson advised.

"We have to." Kelly sullenly told her.

That weekend, the bus that was going to take the Abby Lee Dance Company to Starbound in Madison, Wisconsin was sitting in the parking lot as the time was 7:00 am and everybody found a seat and this time, Cooper sat next to Brooke and they were across from Abby.

"Is everybody here?" Abby asked.

"Yes."

The only ones that were not on the bus were Cathy and Vivi as Cooper could hear the moms laughing obnoxiously about something which annoyed him as he looked over at Abby, who was equally annoyed as her son was. "Mom, sometimes, i wish that these moms would just keep their rear ends at home so it could be just, you, myself, Gia and the girls."

"I don't blame you there." Abby agreed with her son.

"Brooke, in case you do feel pain in your hip, I'll take you to my mom." Cooper advised.

"All right." Brooke stated as the driver began driving and entered the Kennedy Expressway and as they were on the expressway, Cooper photographed CTA Blue Line trains heading to either O'Hare, one of two airports in Chicago and the largest airport or to Forest Park. "You sure love buses and trains, huh?"

"I sure do, whenever mom and i would get the chance, she'd take me bus and train watching." Cooper responded.

"I sure would." Abby remarked as Kelly approached Melissa.

"Melissa, where's your BFF Cathy today?" Kelly asked.

"She's driving to the competition as it's 2 hours and 14 minutes between Chicago and Madison, Wisconsin." Melissa answered. "I don't think she liked the bus."

"I don't think she liked the bus either." Kelly stated.

2 hours and 15 minutes later, the bus arrived in Madison, Wisconsin and was arriving at Bartell Theater, the location of Starbound as the time was 9:15 am and as soon as the bus came to a stop, everybody got off and entered the theater as Cathy arrived and entered. In the ALDC dressing room Vivi was getting prepared for her solo as the girls were getting their hair and makeup done for the group as two competition directors named Lauren and Alicia came in.

"I'm going to be backstage with you and in addition, i'd like to go over a few things as we have noticed that we're missing some song titles." Lauren informed as Abby and Cooper went to check it out. "First is My Pumps, Vivi-Anne's solo, am i correct?"

Abby and Cooper had perplexed looks on their faces at what they had just heard.

"Wait a second, that isn't called My Pumps, it's named Bumble-Bee. Like Donald Duck would say, There's Something Screwy going on here." Cooper said.

"He's right about that." Abby agreed as Melissa approached them also with a perplexed look on her face and in her hands was a CD.

"Then what is--"