Chapter 13 (Season 2): Return of Maddie's Resolve

That upcoming week, the Abby Lee Dance Company was rehearsing and they would be competing in their home in Chicago at Energy Dance and Brooke and Paige had solos and Nia and Mackenzie had a duet and for Paige's solo rehearsal, Paige brought in a chair for her solo.

"You're just doing it now? didn't you take that home last night?" Abby asked.

"We told your mother to take the chair." Cooper added, then he saw that his mother's hands were black with marker and he knew at that point that Kelly left the chair in the studio, in addition, his mother saw there were no chair stoppers.

"Where are the stoppers?" Abby wondered. "We wanted the rubber stoppers."

Kelly mouthed that she would have them for the competition as Abby glared at Kelly before she tossed the chair, but it inadvertently hit Cooper's right foot as Brooke and Paige gasped and so did the moms.

"OW!" Cooper shouted in pain, holding his right foot.

"Coop, i'm so sorry!" Abby profusely apologized.

"I know, i was standing in the wrong place and the wrong time." Cooper admitted as a bruise formed on his foot.

"I'll get some ice!" Brooke said as she headed in the dancer's den and got a ice pack and placed it on his foot after Abby had gently sat him down on a chair and rehearsals continued and Abby took Cooper to the doctor to check his foot and thankfully, it wasn't broken.

The day prior to competition, Abby and Cooper wanted to talk to Maddie about her lack of fire that she usually had for dancing, which had been gone since she had forgot her stage in New Jersey

"Maddie, you didn't have a solo this week and you don't have one this week." Abby said to Maddie. "You need to have that fire you once had back in you. You love to dance and we know that."

"However, since New Jersey and you ran off that stage, you aren't the same Maddie as we don't see that fire in you. You have to show us you want it back." Cooper added as Maddie nodded while Melissa was entering from the observation room.

"She loves to be here." Melissa told Abby and Cooper.

"I'll make myself scarce." Maddie commented as she headed to the Dancer's Den.

"You know i love you two and when those other moms say bad things about you, it hurts my heart and it hurts Maddie's heart as well. The way they talk to you and i think those kids are disrespectful to you two." Melissa stated. "Chloe rolls her eyes in class all the time. On Monday, she went to the doctor and Kelly, Christi's so-called best friend called me and said that Christi was taking Chloe out of school early to go to the doctor, but as it turned out, they were at the movies."

"Mel, don't worry about those three mothers don't know ther right foot from their left. We don't care what they think as they must have too much yak in their brains." Cooper said as Abby and Melissa laughed. "Remember, we have Maddie's best interests."

Melissa nodded and headed back upstairs to the observation room.

That weekend at the Northside College Preparatory, the location of Energy Dance Competition, the Abby Lee Dance Company arrived with the exception of Kelly and after arriving, they entered the building and made their way to their dressing room and there, Chloe started to get prepared for her solo and Nia and Mackenzie began to get prepared for their duet as Cooper watched, he would do that for Abby, who came in.

"Where are Brooke and Paige?" Abby asked.

"You tell me, because i don't have a doggone clue." Cooper responded. "How many minutes is Paige on?"

"20 minutes."

"This is getting old." Cooper muttered.

"It sure is." Abby agreed.