Chapter 11 (Season 2): Enjoying Medieval Times

A month later, it was March 21st and it was the 2nd day of spring as the 1st day of the season was the day before and at Abby's apartment, she and Cooper were getting ready to head out to Medieval Times, a family dinner theater that featured staged medieval-style games, swordfighting and jousting in Schaumburg, a northwestern suburban town 30 minutes away from Chicago as it was 84 degrees as the Chicagoland area had unexpected warm weather.

"Cooper, are you ready to roll?" Abby asked, she was decked out in her usual black t-shirt and black trackpants.

"Ready when you are." Cooper responded, he was wearing a Chicago Bulls See Red shirt and black trackpants.

"Let's do it and also, Maddie, Mackenzie, Brooke, Gianna and Melissa will be there too as the other girls are with their mothers and Kelly insisted that Brooke come to Medieval Times as she's doing something with Chloe, Paige and Christi."

Cooper got his camera and phone as he and his mother exited the apartment and took the elevator to the parking lot and after they got in the Escalade and Abby began driving towards Medieval Times and they were on the Kennedy Expressway passing the Cumberland CTA Blue Line station.

"Mom, can i ask you this, what if maybe, just maybe that Jill will come crawling back to the ALDC attempting to shove her daughter down our throats?" Cooper asked. "I don't have a problem with Kendall, but it's her mother that rubs me the wrong way."

"Coop, that just might happen sooner or later and you're right, it's nothing against Kendall, but it's her mother that rubs us all the wrong way." Abby told him.

"I agree."

Minutes later, the Millers exited the expressway at Roselle Road in Schaumburg and made a right turn on Roselle Road and made another right on Central Road as they had arrived at Medieval Times and found a parking spot before approaching the door where Melissa, Gianna, Maddie, Mackenzie and Brooke were standing.

"Hey, everybody." Abby and Cooper greeted

"Hey, Coop. Hey, Miss Abby." Maddie, Mackenzie and Brooke responded before Brooke went over and kissed Cooper on the cheek.

"Glad you made it." Gianna commented.

"We did have some traffic slowdowns when we entered the Kennedy Expressway." Abby said.

"We can tell." Melissa stated.

"Kenzie, did you know that here at Medieval Times, there are 6 knnights that do battle to be the champion, the 1st Knight is The Black & White Knight, the 2nd Knight is The Green Knight, the 3rd Knight is The Yellow Knight, the 4th Knight is The Red Knight, the 5th Knight is The Red & Yellow Knight and the 6th Knight is The Blue Knight. The show has Jousting, Weaponry, Falconry and Horsemanship?" Cooper told Mackenzie.

"Wow." Mackenzie commented.

"He sure knows his stuff about this place." Maddie added.

"In addition, whichever section we sit at, we'll cheer for the section's Knight, so for example, should we be sat at the Red section, the Red Knight will be the Knight we cheer for." Brooke added.

"Cool." Mackenzie stated. "Which section do you think we'll be in?"

"According to the tickets we have, we'll be seated at the Red section and you know Red's my favorite color and it vary on where we sat as mom has taken me here so many times." Cooper remarked.

"I sure have and you girls and mothers came along." Abby commented.

"And i even came as well as i've been here many times." Gianna said.

A few minutes later, Abby, Cooper, Maddie, Mackenzie, Brooke, Gianna and Melissa walked in with everybody who came to Medieval Times and sat in the Red section and they even had paper crowns on their heads and the crowns swere colored for the sections to cheer for as the battlefield was bathed in a dark blue light with smoke effects as Brooke sat next to Cooper. The lights went out after everybody was seated which meant that the tournament was beginning and a female voice was heard as a white horse came out and raced around the battlefield, then the smoke effects had different colors as the Knights were introduced with the sections cheering their knights when they were introduced.

"This is so awesome." Mackenzie remarked.

"It is, Kenz." Brooke agreed. "Miss Abby told me that Coop said the same thing the very first time she brought him here."

"I sure did." Abby said.

"Maybe next time, we'll bring the other girls and their moms." Gianna suggested.

"That sounds like a great idea." Melissa agreed.

The show continued on and after some impressive Jousting, Weaponry, Falconry and Horsemanship, it came down to the Red Knight vs the Black and White Knight in the swordsmanship and the Red Knkight won as his section cheered in victory with him and Cooper had gotten some fantastic photos.

"We won!" Cooper exclaimed.

"He did, but you have to admit those othe rknights were as fantasic." Brooke told her boyfriend as the main knight thanked everybody for coming.

"...We wish you safe travels and we hope you return to...Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedieallllllllllllllllll Times!" The main knight shouted before he raised his sword in the air and that concluded the show and everybody went home.