Chapter 7: Cooper to the Rescue

The Abby Lee Dance Company were in Providence, Rhode Island at the Starpower competition at a convention center as Brooke was getting prepared for her solo as Kelly talked to Cathy.

"How did it go?" Kelly asked Cathy.

"It was good, but you know...I...I thought about it and i really don't want Brooke wearing the costume." Cathy said to Kelly, who was glaring over what she just said as Holly looked annoyed. "I'm sorry. I saw you over here floundering the way you were sewing that and it is not going to look the same and we just need to come up with something else."

"Don't worry, Brooke. We got you covered as somehow we knew Cathy was gonna do this, so we bought you a different costume." Cooper assured Brooke, pulling out a bag that had a costume and gave it to her.

"Thank you, Coop." Brooke said, smiling at him before she went to change into the costume.

"Super Coop to the Rescue!" Kelly exclaimed.

"Well, looks like you got a costume that actually works, so everyone's happy." Cathy said sarcastically. "But Brooke has that costume you got for her as special treatment as you and Brooke have known each other since you two were really little."

"Cathy, you got your wires crossed as it's not special treatment, she needed a costume that made sense for her solo and i knew you were gonna make a fuss about the original costume Brooke was to wear, so i asked my mom if we could get a back-up costume if needed." Cooper retorted.

"Cathy, if you don't want to be a part of our group don't come to our studio." Kelly stated. "Brooke is dancing in three minutes!"

"Come on, girls." Cooper stated as he and the other moms got the girls out of the dressing room.

Brooke came from the changing room and the costume she had on was a dark green custom made top and trunk with sheer mesh green skirt, it had a mock neck, strappy back and high-low draped skirt. The costume also had Amethyst beaded/sequin appliques, distressed Amethyst 3D flower trim and tufts of green sheer mesh with Swarovski rhinestones.

"Looking great, Brooke, like you and the girls usually do." Cooper complimented as Brooke gave him the thumbs up. "Kelly, do you mind if i walk Brooke to the stage?"

"Not at all." Kelly responded.

Cooper walked Brooke to the stage as Gianna was with them while Kelly was arguing with Cathy, then after the argument, Kelly joined up with Cooper and Brooke.

"Don't let Cathy get to you, because i knew she was gonna try this stunt." Cooper said to Brooke.

"Yeah, but i bet she's gonna leave the team sooner than later." Brooke predicted.

"Hopefully, that's the case as us other moms cannot stand that she can't follow Abby's rules." Kelly added.

"Again, thanks for helping me by getting a back up costume." Brooke told the 13 year od son of Abby.

"You're welcome."

Brooke went to the wings of the stage as Kelly sat in the audience with Maddie, Nia, Chloe and the moms as Cooper was in the wings watching with Paige and Mackenzie.

"You sure came through in the clutch, Coop." Paige remarked.

"Yeah." Mackenzie added.

"Next to the stage, Like a Supermodel!" Brooke headed up the stairs to the stage and when the music began, she began dancing and was fantastic and she stood out in her costume and when the music ended, Brooke did a pose and left the stage before she, Cooper and the girls walked to the dressing room as the moms approached them.

"Great job, Brooke." Christi complimented.

"You were fantastic." Kelly told her alder daughter, giving her a hug as everybody made their way to the dressing room where Abby was.

"I knew what Cathy was going to pull, thanks for coming through." Abby thanked her son.

"I do what i can to help." Cooper responded to his mother as the girls started getting ready for the group.

Once the competition was over, Brooke placed 1st in the 12-14 solo division, Maddie placed 1st in the 9-11 solo division and Chloe didn't place and for the group dance, it placed 1st and that earned the Abby Lee Dance Company a spot at Nationals.