Chapter 10: Thunderstuck Time

The next morning in Abby and Cooper's room, Abby was asleep and she heard the sound of the shower and she got up, she knew that her son was taking a shower and a minute later, the shower was turned off and Cooper came from the bathroom and he was in a Adidas tanktop, Adidas trackpants and Adisage sandals as the time was 8:30 am.

"Hey, mom. How's this?" Cooper asked.

"Awesome. As soon as i get ready, We'll meet with Brookie, Hollie and Gianna in the lobby before we head to the studio where we'll rehearse for the Thunderstruck competition. Gianna got in an hour ago and from what i'm hearing, the flight that has the girls and moms is approaching Vegas as they'll arrive 10 minutes prior to 9:00." Abby responded, before she went to the bathroom and also took a shower, she put on a black shirt, black trackpants and sneakers. "Let's roll."

"Let's."

Cooper got his phone and camera before he and Abby exited their dressing room and headed to the elevator, which took them down to the lobby and there, Gianna was talking to Brookie and Hollie before they see The Millers approach.

17 minutes later, they arrived at the Fern Adair for the Conservatory Arts, a dance studio where the Abby Lee Dance Company will rehearse for Thunderstruck.

"Welcome to Las Vegas!" Abby greeted the girls and moms as they entered the studio room." Before we start, i want to reflect on Starpower last week, some of you did well, but as a whole, not so great. I brought Brandon in and thought that would do the trick, but it didn't and i considered putting Cooper in the group dance, but he's no longer dancing competitively and he's helped me with the choreography. The competition this week in Las Vegas is Thunderstruck and we've got 4 days to prepare. This particular group has never not placed in the overall high scores and that means you've got to be flawless this week. Cathy and Vivi left the team after the previous competition we went to, so my son Cooper and i came up with an idea to bring in a replacement dancer for the remainder of the season to replace Vivi. Coop, you can tell everybody on who the replacement dancer is."

"Thanks, mom. The dancer that we brought in will be none other than and i know Mackenzie'll like this..." Cooper revealed a photo of Brookie. "Brooke Kosinski aka Brookie and her mother Hollie Kosinski."

The girls all cheered and Mackenzie had a huge grin as Brookie entered the studio room and the two hugged as Hollie also came in and stood between Melissa and Holly.

"Brookie!" Mackenzie exclaimed.

"Kenzie!" Brookie responded, standing next to her.

"Now we've gotten that out of the way, let's start with Pyramid." Abby said, revealing the first photo on the pyramid, which was Brookie's. "Brookie, you just joined the team to replace Vivi-Anne, so not much to judge you on."

The next photo next to Brookie was Mackenzie.

"Next, Mackenzie. I know you lost your original duet partner, but Brookie is here and as you two are best friends, you two won't compete in this competition, but you will be competing next week."

Brookie and Mackenzie were excited over having a duet for the next competition.

"All right." Brookie and Mackenzie responded.

Paige's headshot was revealed.

"Paige, your performance is good, but you're not winning and placing in the overalls and we feel you should be placing definitely in the top 10. This is your city as you have the long legs and the look. Yes? Because of that, you have a solo, got it?"

Paige nodded as Abby moved on to the second row and Nia's headshot was next.

"Second row, Nia. Last week back home in Chicago, you finally won in your category. We think you need to do that all of the time. Hopefully, your mother trusts me now and stops questioning my every move. I've had it with that and even Cooper's had it with that. It's what you do on the stage is what matters, not the choreography, not the costuming, but you and your technique that's gonna win 1st place. We know it felt good to win last week, so this week, you get another solo and we expect you to win again."