Chapter 6: 2011 Showcase

11 days had passed after Cooper had turned 13 and at the studio, the girls were all sitting down as the moms stood in their normal spots and Abby and Cooper stood at the chalkboard.

"Let's talk about the last competition 4 weeks prior, i am really disappointed as every single one of you could have done better with your solos." Abby told the girls. "What is going to be happening this week?"

"ALDC showcase?" Paige guessed.

"Correct, Paige." Abby replied. "The Abby Lee Dance Company showcase is an event that showcase competition numbers that you have done previously and your families and friends came and see the results. Also, we will be doing a new group dance known as Sugar Daddies for the showcase and i have a few surprises up my sleeve and i don't want to pressure you or anything, but there will be an agent coming to seek new talent and look for new clients to sign and he's already met Cooper a few times since he became famous."

The girls and moms were very excited as they were clapping and cheering.

"Here is another surprise i have. Moms....you'll be dancing in the showcase as well and Cathy, you'll be the choreographer."

The girls were trying not to laugh and even Abby and Cooper tried to stifle their laughter as the moms were looking embarrassed and Cathy had a look of surprise on her face and started laughing.

"You moms are all in for trouble." Cathy stated.

"In addition, we have a duet called Tiki Room and in the duet will be Cooper and Brooke." Abby announced as everybody cheered as Cooper and Brooke grinned. "Nationals is getting nearer and nearer and with every competition, you get stronger and better. Although this showcase will be a great chance to entertain instead of competing, it's still as equally as important as it's leating up to Nationals because what is it that we want to do?"

"Win." Cooper and the girls responded.

"Correct and moms, you can exit and Coop, girls, let's start warming up."

The moms all went upstairs to the observation room as rehearsals started.

(Cooper's costume for Tiki Room: Floral print spanex collared shirt and pants.)

(Brooke's costume for Tiki Room: Floral print spanex leotard with sequin trim, attached sequin timmed organza back tutu and ruffles, open back, flower barrette and shoe bows.)

The next day in Studio C, Cathy was demonstrating the movies for the moms' dance called That Girl's Just Gotta Be Kissed as Melissa, Christi, Holly and Kelly came in and years ago, Kelly danced for Abby when she was younger as they began the rehearsal and upstairs in the observation room, Cooper and the girls were all watching, being amused at the moms dancing and they were eating popcorn.

"It's a good thing you brought some popcorn." Maddie told Cooper.

"Yeah." Cooper said.

"This is so embarrassing." Brooke chuckled.

"It is." Paige agreed.

"It's kind of funny seeing the moms dance." Mackenzie remarked.

"You never know what Miss Abby has up her sleeve." Nia added.

"Coop, your mom is really unpredictable." Chloe said to Cooper.

"That's my mom for you." Cooper commented as they watched the moms doing their dance for the showcase and the next day, Abby let everybody know that a casting associate from Telsey and Company named Cesar would be coming to the studio to look at the girls and Cooper.

The next day, which was May 25th fell on Chloe's 10th birthday and at the studio, Chloe was in the Dancer's Den looking for something as Cooper entered.