Chapter 9: Arriving in Vegas

At Midway Intenational Airport, one of two airports in Chicago that's located in the southwest side of Chicago with the other being O'Hare, located in the northwest side of Chicago.Abby and Cooper were at Gate A4A waiting to catch a Southwest Airlines flight to Las Vegas, a city in the state of Nevada and it was also known as Sin City, The City of Lights, a nicknames it shares with Paris, a city in a country called France, The City that Never Sleeps and The Entertainment Capital of the World, the latter two nicknames Vegas shares with New York City, a large city in it's namesake state known as New York as the time was 5:20 pm.

"Mom, i might have not asked this, but which hotel are we gonna stay at?" Cooper asked Abby.

"We'll be at The Flamingo." Abby answered her son.

"As soon as we ge things ready in our hotel room, i'm gonna hit the pool and after the pool, we'll head to dinner."

"I don't blame you and we'll definitely do that."

"This season is almost coming to a close." Cooper stated.

"It is and tomorrow, the girls and moms will arrive and we'll be rehearsing for Thunderstruck at the Fern Adair for the Conservatory Arts." Abby said.

"Southwest Airlines announces the boarding of Flight 1618, nonstop to Las Vegas at Gate A4A."

"That's us." Cooper told Abby as they got up with the other passengers as they were the first in line, the Millers showed their boarding passes and got them scanned before walking through the gate and walked through the jet bridge. As they reached the entrance of the pane, the flight attendant greeted them as they smiled at Cooper, who waved at them before he and his mother boarded the plane. Their seats were in Row 4 with Cooper having a window seat and Abby sitting in the middle. Cooper even took pictures and signed autographs for the flight attendants and pilot and other passengers.

After the pilot made an announcement, the flight attendant closed the door and the jet bridge backed from the plane and the plane backed up and made it's way to the runway and after it got here, the plane started picking up speed and went faster before taking off near the end of the runway and the plane made it's way to Las Vegas.

In Las Vegas, the plane was landing at McCarran International Airport as the time was 3:15 pm pacific time.

"Attention, this is your captain speaking, welcome to Las Vegas and the time here is 3:15 pm and it's 91 degrees outside." The pilot informed as he began to navigate the plane to the gate and they arrived at Gate E14 and the passengers got off the plane and were in the airport after walking through the jet bridge.

"We've finally made it to Vegas!" Cooper said.

"We sure did." Abby added. "Now let's get our bags.

The Millers headed to the ground level to the Baggage Claim and got their bags before heading to a taxi van and put their bags in the rear.

"Where can i take you two?" The taxi driver asked.

"The Flamingo Hotel please." Cooper responded.

15 minutes, Abby and Cooper arrived at The Flamingo Hotel and got their bags from the back of the taxi van before heading in the hotel and after entering, Abby went to the front desk and got checked in before she headed back to her son.

"Coop, our hotel room is on the 28th Floor and it's the Fab Suite." Abby informed.

Abby and Cooper walked to the elevator with their bags and it took them to the 28th Floor and 1,500 square feet and the room was fantastic as it had a bedroom, closets, safe, two bathrooms and a bedroom with sofa chairs queen sized bed, Flat Screen TV, dresser with a lamp and there was a living room a pool table, desk, bar with a small refrigerator, sofas, console table, dining area, bar top table and a flat screen tv, another bathroom, closet and it gave a fantastic view of the Las Vegas Strip.