Chapter 5: Cooper's 13th Birthday

It was May 12 and that was a special day as it was midnight, it was Cooper's 13th birthday and he was officially a teen and in his room, he was in his bed asleep and he felt a gentle nudge which awakened him, he opened his eyes and standing next to his bed was Abby, who was smiling at him.

"Happy Birthday, sweetheart." Abby fondly said to her son, leaning down to kiss him on the top of his head and hugged him.

"Thank you, mom." Cooper responded, his voice sounding a little deep, yet soft since he was now a teenager and he knew his mother was always the first to wish him a happy birthday when his birthday arrives at midnight.

"You're welcome and i can tell your voice became a little deep which means that you're officially a teen." Abby remarked, which made Cooper laugh a little and even Abby laughed a little as well. "Later on, i'll take you to Navy Pier and later this evening, we'll head to the Signature Room for a birthday dinner amd it's gonna have all of your favorite things to eat."

"Great idea."

Around 8:50 am, Cooper got up and went to brush his teeth and take a shower and he put on a Chicago T-Shirt, Track Pants and Converse Chuck Taylor Sneakers and his long hair in a ponytail before he left his room and went in the kitchen.

"Happy Birthday, Cooper." Maryen said to her grandson, giving him a hug.

"Thanks, grandma." Cooper replied.

"You're welcome."

Broadway Baby, the Miller's dog and is a bichon frise gave a bark to Cooper as to say 'Happy Birthday' to him.

"Broadway Baby says Happy Birthday. Abby informed.

"Thanks, Baby." Cooper remarked to the bichon frise dog before The Millers had breakfast and around 2:30 pm, Abby and Cooper exited the apartment, took the elevator to the lobby and 5 minutes they arrived at the Chicago Avenue & Mies Van Der Rohe, a Eastbound 66 Chicago CTA Bus that was heading to Navy Pier arrived and they got on the bus and paid the fare.

11 minutes later, Abby and Cooper arrived at Navy Pier, a popular attraction that had parks, gardens, restaurants, family attractions and exhibition facilities and it had a Ferris Wheel, a chair swing named Wave Swinger, carousel, light tower ride and a sightseeing tour cruises like Seadog Ventures with one boat colored red and the other colored yellow, Shoreling Sightseeing and Tall Ship Windy and there were also dinner cruises with the ships being named Spirit of Chicago, Odyssey II, Mystic Blue (Now Spirit of Navy Pier) and Chicago Elite.

"In case i forgot to let you know, we'll ride Tall Ship Windy, but first, do you want to ride the Wave Swinger?" Abby asked.

"Sure." Cooper responded.

"All right."

Abby and Cooper entered Navy Pier and they passed some stores, restaurants and the IMAX theater before seeing two sets of stairs, one on the left and the other on the right that led to the Crystal Gardens and they walked through Crystal Gardens before exiting and were in Pier Park, which had the Carousel, Wave Swinger, Ferris Wheel and Light Tower and Cooper got in line for the Wave Swinger.

"Have fun and i'll be waiting for when you get off when the ride is over." Abby told her son.

"Gotcha." Cooper stated and when he paid, he found one of the red seats as many other people found seats and once everybody safely strapped themselves in, the rotating top went up and started spinning them round and round as Cooper waved at his mother, who was amused and two minutes later, the rotating top came down and the spinning stopped and everybody who was on the ride got off and Cooper went to Abby.

"You surely were enjoying yourself." Abby commented.

"I sure was." Cooper said. "I'm ready to ride Tall Ship Windy if you are."