Chapter 5 (Season 2): The Return of Brooke

4 days after Thanksgiving had passed, it was back to dancing at the studio for a whole new week of dancing as the 7 girls and their moms stood looking at Abby and Cooper.

"Before we start, i'd like to officially welcome Kendall as she is now officially a member of the Abby Lee Dance Company." Abby said as the girls and moms applauded, Jill had a huge grin and Cooper handed Kendall her jacket. "Remember this, Kendall, it will be tough, so make sure to work hard and when you are wearing that jacket, stand up straight and tall."

"I will."

"All right, back to business, we'll be traveling this weekend to Long Island, New York to attend Starbound and you know they are ready for us as they want to beat you as you're the defending National Champions trying to go back to back and you know they are serious."

Pyramid was next and Mackenzie, Nia, Paige and Kendall were on the lower level with Chloe and Maddie with a covered photo on the top and everyone was wondering who would be on the top as Payton thought she would be on the top of the pyramid, so did Leslie or so they thought.

"And on the top of the pyramid..." Abby gestured to Cooper to reveal the photo on top of the pyramid, which he was in the process of doing as a confident looking Payton was smiling and so was Leslie as the girls and moms, especially Kendall and Jill. However, nobody was expecting who was at the top as Cooper revealed the photo as gasps of shock and surprise were heard. "...is Brooke."

It turned out that it wasn't Payton's phot that was on top, it was Brooke's photo as Payton and Leslie looked like they had been slapped in the face as Payton started crying and Brooke entered Studio A before heading over and kissing Cooper on his cheek and hugged him before the girls ran to Brooke and gave her a hug.

"Now you're asking yourselves, how could Brooke be on the top of the pyramid? Despite Brooke being out with a sprained toe, she will be doing a solo." Cooper explained before he and Abby looked over at Payton. "Payton, it's like my mom always says, Everyone's Replaceable as you weren't just the right replacement for this group. It wasn't about being a part of this team for good, your mother got that twisted in your head as you were filling in for Brooke. You had a fantastic experience in St. Louis and saw the Gateway to The West aka The Gateway Arch, you cannot be upset."

"She's got a right to be upset!" Leslie yelled as Abby and Cooper just looked at each other, annoyed over Leslie yelling. "Cooper, your mother held a carrot in front of Payton and just ripped it away! For what, for Jill's daughter to come in and take that spot as a stranger and for your girlfriend to come back even though she was injured?! Where is the loyalty?! We've been very loyal to your mother!"

"Really?" Kelly snorted. "We've been loyal to Abby for 13 years and before you say that Brooke left, she sprained her toe and was out for 2 weeks, you on the other hand, left a long time ago!"

"How dare you!" Leslie ranted at Abby. "Our history?!"

"Payton got to travel to St. Louis with us and got to be in the competition, so be happy as that's better than nothing!" Abby yelled.

"If you don't want Payton to be on the team, we'll find somebody who really wants her to compete on their team!" Leslie snapped. "Payton, let's scram! You can have Kendall and the rest of your group!"

Payton walked over to her mother as they walked to the exit.

"Oh, well." Cooper simply commented as everybody laughed at the comment he made.

Brooke wasn't the only one who had a solo which was named Starry Night, Mackenzie had a solo called The Party Starts Right Now and the group dance was titled Avalanche and at Starbound, Mackenzie placed 1st in the petite soloist division, Brooke got 1st in the teen soloist division thanks to some advice and help from Cooper and the group got 2nd.

A week later, Abby, Cooper, Gianna, the moms and girls headed to Clute, Texas to compete at a competition called MA Dance as it was solo week and everybody had solos.