Chapter 2 (Season 2): Released from the Hospital

Two days later, it was Wednesday and that was the day Cooper would be released from the hospital after his appendectomy. The time was 10:05 am and in his hospital room, Cooper was seen watching The Price is Right on CBS as the machines were taken off of him as Abby came in with a bag and in it were some clothes.

"Hey, Mom." Cooper greeted Abby, who leaned down and hugged him.

"Hey there, Coop Troop." Abby responded.

Abby gently helped her son up and he sat on the bed with his legs dangling over the edge. Cooper went to get the clothes that his mother brought and headed into the bathroom as Dr. Owens came into the hospital room.

"Cooper's in the shower, isn't he?" Dr. Owens guessed.

"He is." Abby answered.

"The girls on your team who came to visit Coop on the day he had his appendectomy are wonderful dancers."

"They sure are, but those moms though, they're batty."

"I remember you telling me the stories about them." Dr. Owens remarked as they talked for 2 minutes before hearing the shower turn off. "Looks like Cooper is about to exit the shower and bathroom."

"If i were to guess, he would be exiting right about.......now."

Right when Abby said that, the door opened and exiting the bathroom was Cooper, who was now dressed up in a black Adidas tracksuit with Adidas Superstar shoes and his hair was in a ponytail.

"How do i look?" Cooper asked.

"You look great, Coop." Abby complimented her son. "Ready to roll?"

"Yes, i am." Cooper answered, before turning to Dr. Owens and gave her a hug. "Thanks, Dr. Owens for the care while i was in here for my appendicitis and appendectomy and i'll take short walks."

"You're welcome, Cooper and great idea." Dr. Owens told him before heading off to check on another patient.

Abby then took Cooper by the hand and the two exited the hospital room, went down the hallway and approached the elevator, which arrived a few seconds later and after entering, Abby pushed a button that led to the 2nd floor and when they arrived, they exited and walked on the pedestrian bridge over Huron Street which led to the Huron/Superior parking garage and headed to the 4th level. The two approached Abby's Escalade and the dance teacher helped her son enter the front seat before she got in the driver's seat. After activating the vehicle, Abby backed out of the space she was parked in before heading down to the ground level and made a right turn onto Huron.

3 minutes later, they arrived at the John Hancock Center and after parking in the residential parking, Abby and Cooper entered the building and took the elevator to the 86th floor and arrived at their apartment.

"Hey, Coop." Maryen greeted her grandson, giving him a hug.

"Hello, Grandma." Cooper responded.

"How are you feeling after your appendectomy?" Maryen wondered.

"A whole lot better and i just couldn't wait to get out of the hospital." Cooper stated.

"That's good to know and we don't blame you."

Broadway Baby barked in excitement seeing Cooper back form his appendectomy and in response, he petted the dog and sat on a sofa near the window that gave a south view of Chicago.

"Mom, i have a question, who'll watch me in these 3 weeks when you head to competition?" Cooper asked.

"Hollie along with her daughter Brookie will watch you as i talked to them about it." Abby answered.

"Sounds like a great idea."

"Glad to know. Coop, since you'll miss this competition and the next two, i have an idea." Abby said before she leaned over and whispered what idea she had in mind for him as a grin was on Cooper's face. "What do you think?"

"Mom, you're a genius, the girls and moms'll be surprised."

"They will and i'll let Gianna know as well, this is between you, myself and Gianna."

"Yes it is."

Later, Abby headed to the studio and Cooper did some short walks around the apartment and the dance teacher would call and let him know what was happening at the studio.