Chapter 15: 2011 Nationals

The next morning, it was the day of Nationals and in the Millers' hotel room, Cooper was seen coming out of the bathroom after he had taken a shower before he headed to the closet to see what he would wear to Nationals, he picked out a white suit with a red open neck button up shirt and black loafers and put them on as Abby was wearing a black t-shirt and pants.

"Channeling your inner Tony Montana, huh?" Abby amusingly asked, referring about the character that Al Pacino played in Scarface.

"You could say that." Cooper responded as Abby laughed.

"After Nationals, we'll be heading back to Los Angeles as the girls'll be auditioning for a music video and once they do all that, we'll be heading back home to Chicago."

"All righty."

Abby and Cooper exited the dressing room and met up with the girls and moms int he lobby before they got int he van.

An hour and 35 minutes later, the Abby Lee Dance Company arrived at the Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts, which is the location of Starbound Nationals and after arriving, the van came to a halt as Abby, Cooper, Gianna, the girls and moms all exited before entering the building and heading to the dressing room where Maddie, Chloe, Brooke and Paige started getting ready.

"Let's get the Game Faces on and energy going and you get backstage and psych out every other kid, got it?" Abby told the girls. "Come on, Coop."

"Right behind you, Mom." Cooper responded.

As Abby and Cooper exited the dressing room, coming in was Kurt, who is the father of Maddie and Mackenzie and he's also the ex-husband of Melissa as the moms wondered why he was there before talking to Maddie as they could tell he was making her a little nervous. before Maddie, Chloe, Brooke and Paige headed to the stage as Abby, Cooper, Gianna, the moms and Kurt were in the audience.

"Coming up to the stage, Manhattan!" Maddie went on the stage and from the start, she was marvelous with her dancing from the start of the music to the end as she posed when the music ended before heading off of the stage.

"Next is Another Season!" Chloe headed on to the stage and went into a starting pose, the music started and she began to dance and she was great with her dancing and at the end of the dance, she did a ending pose and left the stage and later the awards for the solos were next starting with the petite soloist division as places 10-2 passed by.

"The top overall petite soloist National Champion goes to Manhattan!" Maddie got up and went to get her award as the moms, Gianna and Kurt were happy for her as she stood with her award.

"Top overall junior soloist National Champion is Another Season!" Chloe went to the announcer and got her award and stood next to Maddie, who was happy for her like the moms, Gianna and Kurt were as well before they went backstage to get Maddie, Chloe, Brooke and Paige ready for their duets as Cooper helped walk them to the stage.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Ooh La La!" Brooke and Paige went on to the stage and when the music began, they were fantastic with their dancing as Cooper's help had paid off as they worked really well and at the end, they did a pose to complete the dance before heading off the stage.

"Coop, thank goodness you stepped in and helped the choreographer with Brooke and Paige's duet or that would have been mediocre." Abby told her son.

"I do what i can." Cooper stated.

"That you do." Kelly added.

"Up Next, Black Swan!" Maddie and Chloe emerged from the wings of the stage and the second the music began to play, they started dancing and the two connected and were in sync and after the music ended, they posed and headed off stage before the duet/trio awards were next with places 10-3 being announced and the top two winners were about to be announced.