Chapter 15 (Season 2): Cooper's 14th Birthday and Rematch against the Apples

The day was May 6th and the time was 6:30 pm and at Abby's apartment, Cooper was looking out the window in the western direction watching the sunset and his 14th birthday was in 6 days and he was deep in thought about something and it was likely he had gotten a great idea as Abby approached.

"What's on your mind, Coop?" Abby asked.

"Mom, i was doing some research about the upcoming competition after i watched the Bulls game, which the 76ers won and the competition'll be in Akron, Ohio and you know whenever it comes to Ohio, a particular moron'll be there." Cooper stated.

"Cathy."

"Correcto mundo and we've seen Cathy use older dancers in her group, but maybe, just maybe we can up the ante by fighting fire with fire by using some of your older dancers which can level the playing field. What do you think?"

"Cooper Miller, you are a genius!" Abby exclaimed as she high fived him. "Cathy won't be expecting that."

The next day at the studio, Abby talked to the girls and the moms about the previous competition and after pyramid, Abby began to talk about where they would go next.

"This weekend, we'll be going to Nexstar in Akron, Ohio." Abby stated as the girls and moms knew what that meant when it came to Ohio. "We may see Kendall, Vivi-Anne , but all we know we'll be so hot, they will be apple pie and the group is called Land Unforgiving and everybody even Mackenzie will be int he group. Paige, you will be doing a solo as you'll be facing Kendall for the title at Nexstar and you have to prove to not only Kendall, but her mother Jill that it was a giant mistake to leave this studio and it'll be known as Tongue Twister, which was pulled due to your mother. Chloe, you'll be doing a solo called Angry Bird and in addition, Cooper came up with an idea. Coop?"

"We know Cathy uses older dancers in her dances, but we're gonna up the ante by using some of my mom's older dancers as ringers for the group dance, that's fighting fire with fire." Cooper said as the girls and moms nodded.

"Also this Saturday will be a special day as it'll also be Cooper's 14th birthday." Abby announced as the girls and moms clapped and smiled at Cooper. "Now we've gotten that out of the way, moms, exit and girls, warm up."

The moms exited Studio A as the girls started to warm up and later on, Abby brought in 3 older dancers who dance for the studio, two were 15 and the other was 16.

"Girls, i know you already know them, but i'll introduce them anyway, you all know Katherine Narashimhan who dances for the elite company, Auriel Welty and Nina Linhard who dance for the teen company." Abby stated and through the entire week and one day, Kelly complained about not having somebody teach Paige her solo as much, but Abby held her ground and Kelly took matters into her own hands and re-choreographed Paige's solo.

On that Saturday, it was competition day and also on that day, it was Cooper's 14th birthday and at midnight, Abby was the first to wish him a Happy Birthday like usual and when they arrived at the studio parking lot, the girls and moms gave him birthday greetings and while they were on the bus, Melissa approached him with a birthday cake as Abby, Gianna, the girls and moms all sung Happy Birthday to Cooper, who made a wish and blew out the candles and everybody cheered and Brooke kissed him on the cheek as Abby couldn't help but take a photo and the girls even gave him presents that he told them he would open later when they got home from the competition.

"Thanks, everybody, do you know what would make this birthday even better?" Cooper asked.

"What's that?" Gianna wondered.

"Seeing the girls finally beat Cathy and getting revenge on them for beating us at Starbound in New Jersey."

"That would be great." Paige remarked.