Chapter 14 (Season 2): Secrets

Monday arrived and it was the start of a new week in the Abby Lee Dance Company as the girls and moms ad entered Studio A as Abby and Cooper stood in their usual spots next to the pyramid.

"All right, so let's talk about Energy Dance in Waterford, Michigan. You were 2nd again. Any other dance teacher would think, overall, high score, but when it comes to my mom's studio, 2nd is the 1st to lose and you all know how my mom feels about 2nd." Cooper said.

"Well said there, Coop and you got that right." Abby added. "Now the pyramid."

On the lower level, Brooke and Paige's photos had the word 'Probation' and Cooper felt bad for Brooke and next was Nia, on the middle were Chloe and Maddie and on top was Mackenzie.

"This week, we'll be going to Starpower in Woodbridge, Virginia. It's the largest competition in the country. We're excited about the group dance as we've prepared it for weeks. Mackenzie, you proved that you aren't a little baby anymore and you must be advanced enough in the group, you'll be expected to do what everybody else does. Maddie, you'll be doing a solo called Looking for a Place Like Home. Chloe, you'll be doing a solo also and it's named What Goes Around, Comes Around." Abby said, then she looked over and saw Brooke was raising her hand. "Yes, Brooke?"

"This weekend is my first formal school dance and i was just wondering if it was all right for me to go?" Brooke asked.

"If i was in your shoes, i would have made a different decision. But, if you decided that this is something you wanted to do, for be it for me to keep you from it." Abby responded.

Brooke nodded.

"You will not be in the group this week or joining us on the trip." Abby added as she looked at her son. "Cooper, are you cool with that?"

"Yeah." Cooper answered. "Brooke, take a few pictures for me as i know you'll be looking beautiful, but you've always been beautiful to me."

There were awws as Brooke smiled and blushed at her boyfriend.

"Moms, you can head out and girls, warm up." Abby stated as the rehearsals began and Cooper came up with the idea of Payton filling in for Brooke, much to the chagrin of the moms.

The day before competition in Studio B, Abby, Cooper and Melissa were watching Maddie rehearse her solo for the 2nd Starpower competition as Abby had called Melissa to bring Maddie in to rehearse so none of the other moms or girls could know as Melissa was confused on what was going on .

"Mel, the reason why we had you bring in Maddie early this morning because from what mom and i found out is that Starpower is so big, they split the competition with one being at one venue and the other at another venue." Cooper explained. "So we thought we could talke somebody and enter them in the other competition as well and they said sure, but Maddie will have to do a different dance and that is Cry."

"Now i get it." Melissa commented.

"Remember, this is between you and us." Abby told Melissa.

"Correct." Melissa said.

"We do not want any other mother down our throats about how come you get to go and not everybody else." Cooper added. "Our secret."

Saturday arrived and in a town called Woodstock, located in Virginia, the Abby Lee Dance Company arrived at the Forest Park High School which is the location of Starpower and as soon as the bus came to a stop, Abby, Cooper, Gianna, the girls and moms got off and headed inside the building

"Remember, girls, just like my mom always says, game faces." Cooper told the girls.

"What he said." Abby said before they entered their dressing room as the girls began to get ready for the group dance. "The group's 1st, i believe. Girls, remember what character you are playing when you go on the stage. You are warriors, you are survivors."