III

TRICIA's POV

"I can't believe you're working in Exor Holdings, that famous and prestigious company! And you hold a high position at that?" Sky said in surprise.

We're in KAIZEN, the name of the coffee shop that I found in google and we both loved the vibe of the place. It's been three hours since we sat down and caught up.

"Hey, that's offensive. I am hard working, you know? And what can I do? They happen to see my potential so there I am." I said confidently but not in a boastful way, of course.

I know that I am great at my job that's why my bosses like me. I'm lined up to be one of the successors of the company since the president has no child. And I am flattered to be considered a choice. Then I saw Sky's brilliant smile.

"What?"

"Nothing. I remember our little competitions back in college."

I chuckled.

"Little? Are you kidding? You and Cassey would gang up and mock me for not wanting to compete with you. And we're in different colleges. You wanted to see who will rank higher." I said as I watched her laugh. Cassey is one of our friends and she's next close to Sky.

"Yeah, well. I always won." She said proudly.

"Like you did. We're just even." I said, trying to pop her bubble.
But I knew that she was right. She always did win. No matter how many times I compete with her in academics, she always beat me. She always ranked higher. But in my defense, most of the times, she's only up by one percent on me.

"You have to do better than that, Armstrong." She teased.

"Hey! But you did not always win. Remember that bowling competition you challenged me to?" I teased back and I grinned as I saw a slight color in her cheeks. So I continued.

"Oh. And that time we played pingpong? Another was when we went to the resort and had a swimming race? Do you remember those? You were just a blabber." I smirked at her and I know that she remembers them all.

Sky is good in academics but I beat her in sports. She's so bad in any physical related things and I'm just better than her. I laughed at her expression.

"Fine, fine... We're even." She acknowledged and I bowed jokingly. Then wee both laughed just like how we have been doing for the past three hours.

"God. I really missed you, Rebecca." She said in such a longing way that it mad me stopped laughing and looked at her with my own true feelings.

"God knows I missed you too, Babe."

I can see slight hurt in her eyes. And I know that I did that to her. And I can't ever be more sorry. But I really can't tell her why. She's already engaged and clearly, I don't want to mess things up.

"Don't you do that to me again, Rebecca! I lost my best friend and it wasn't the best time of my life."

I took a deep breath and I remembered telling myself that I didn't want to see her again because I know that I can't ever look at her as just a friend anymore. But I made the mistake of looking into her eyes, and now, I can't ever refuse her with that look on her face and I am pretty sure she knew that.

I let out a sigh and smirked playfully so that I would not lose my control on my self. I know I would give in any minute now of the things I've been holding for so long.

"Hah! I knew that you just really can't do without me, Salazar." I tried to change the subject but knowing her, it's in vain.

"I'm serious, Bec. Do not just disappear like that again." She said with a softer voice now and I felt my heart melted into the pit of my chest just like that. And because of the way she called me; Bec. It's my nickname to her. Rebecca, Becbec, those are her pet names for me and I don't think I can allow others for call me that. To the world, I'm Tricia. But to her, I'm always her Rebecca and Becbec. Right on the mark. So now, I realized, I really can't avoid this.

"I won't." I looked straight at her, saying those words as if I'm giving her a promise.

"I won't do it again." I repeated and smiled at her.