V

TRICIA's POV

Sky saying those three little words to the other end of the line, whom I know is none other than her fiancé, Nico, kept replaying over and over in my head. I saw her smile gently as she listens. Then after few more words, she hung up and apologized to me.

"No problem Babe. So, how is Nico?" I asked to be polite but with a fake smile.

She smiled back. The smile that she has on her face shows that she's happy. But I don't understand and can't help myself but be jealous because she's happy. She is happy without me in her life.

But then I realized that it's not her fault. I am the one who distanced myself and ran away. It's my fault.

"Nico's doing great. He's already a supervisor in their company and he can't ever be more proud. It's what he wanted to be all along."

I nodded. I knew the guy only for a year in college. And that was when he and Sky were already dating. At the time, I was dating Faye who I really despised. Faye was the girl that my dad wanted me to date. By the way, my family knew that I'm bisexual and they don't have any problem with it. So when he was making a connection with one businessman with a daughter he liked for me, he suggested that I should date her. My brother had a girlfriend back then so I was the one who became a pawn. It's the same old politics and I hated it. There were also quite a few I've dated against my will because of that stupid politics system. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents but whenever my dad wants me to play his game, I just keep thinking, that's way over the line. But I can't do anything about it.

Sky knew those few instances but I wasn't able to explain Faye to her because I didn't see the point back then. I didn't know that I would lose her few weeks after Faye and I started dating.

"Speaking of, you shall and will go to my wedding. It's the one thing that you can do, for me to completely forgive you. Wait, I think I have one more invitation card here." Then she searched her bag.

For a moment, I recoiled at the thought of seeing her in a wedding dress with a different person waiting for her at the end of the aisle. I looked at her with a sad eyes as she handed me the card. My mind is telling me to refuse but her eyes tell me that I can't say no. And I realized, when did I ever say no to her? Quite a few times maybe but I see seriousness in her eyes.

"Alright. I'll be there." I forced myself to say and gave her a smile as I took the invitation from her hand with my heart invisibly bleeding from inside me.