IX

TRICIA's POV

My first day at work in Exor Philippines was so busy and I didn't realized it was already four o'clock. My thoughts were separated from work when I received a call from Sky. But it took me a while to answer it as I held the phone and pondered if I should pick it or not. In the end, I answered it.

"Hey." I greeted.

"Don't you 'hey' us, Rebecca Patricia Armstrong! Where the hell have you been? Why did you just vanish off the face of the Earth, huh? How could you do that to us? I thought we were friends!" I squirm as I hear Lyssa's familiar and loud voice.

"Oh. Hi, Ly. How have you been? It's great to hear your voice again."

"You can't pull yourself out of this, Tricia. Get yourself over here so we can catch up!." Said another voice and I recognized it from Georgina.

I gulped. Georgina in that tone, is never a good person to talk to. She's difficult to handle in that mood and everyone knows it.

"Ummm... who is we?"

And I got a rush of blood as I heard all of my friends' voices in the background. I got goosebumps. God, I missed them so much too, no matter how much I think they're a handful; they're the best buddies I can ever ask for, especially back in our college days.

"We're in Mistral Rooftop Bar here in Makati. Be here as soon as you can, ok?" I heard Cassey's familiar voice and I let out a sigh.

"Alright guys... I know you've been waiting for this. I'll be there." I surrendered and then I heard them all squeal in excitement.

"You owe us a lot, Rebecca." Sky finally said, and I smiled even if I knew she couldn't see it.

We hang up after few more banters and when I check my watch and it's too early to leave but I checked my schedule and saw that I'm almost done for the day, so I gathered my things and left my office. I told Aries, my assistant who eventually became my best friend that I'm leaving and to just call me if anything urgent happened.

I was on my way to the location of my friends which really is just ten minutes away from the company if the traffic is not too bad. Then as soon as I reached and got up to the said rooftop, they saw me before I saw them. Their table is in the further side, near the railing where you can see the beautiful skyline of Makati.

"Tricia!" I first heard and the rest followed.

I smiled as I watched them ran like kids and hugged me really really tight like my bones almost broke.

"Guys... guysss. I-I... I c-can't breath." I said while being  crushed inside the arms of Georgina, Cassey, Tee and Lyssa.

"See what you've gotten yourself into, Rebecca? That's worth 6yrs of missing you." Sky said as she stood up from her seat, waiting for other to let me go.

"Yeah! Do you know how much we missed you and fucking your face? OMG! You really grown up into a fine woman! Ugh!"  Lyssa said and everyone hummed in agreement.

Lyssa, just like Sky, is one of the studious type in our group. She and Sky were always together when going to the library and I followed them when it's a few days before the exam day.

And one more time, everyone circled around me and gave me a warm hug.

"Come on, guys! Let the girl breath. Do y'all plan on killing her or what?" Sky said, mostly in complain because everyone left her in the table.

"Alright. Let's get off of Tricia before the best friend queue #0 gets jealous." Said Georgina and everyone laughed as they took their seats again.

"Oh God, where have you been all these time Trish? Have you forgotten about us that you never planned on showing up?" Cassey said, pouting at me.