X

SKY's POV

"Ummm... No, I didn't."

For some annoying and inappropriate reason, I felt crushed when I heard Tricia say that she didn't like me back in college. I look at Cassey whose eyes are fixed on me after we heard the answer. But I smiled at her to let her know I'm okay and tried to convince her that it didn't affect me.

"But of course, I like her. It's just not in the way you think I do. She's my bestest of friend just in case you guys already forgot." She elaborated and my spirits can't even be lifted by that. I see all our friends nodding and glancing from me to her and back.

"You know what? That's a ridiculous question, Ly." I added just to prove that I'm not affected at all but who am I kidding? Strangely, I was expecting a different answer but you know what people say; expectations hurt.

"How about you, Sky? Did you like Tricia back then because to be honest, you two are just like a magnet before. With those skinship and extra caring things to each other?" Tee asked and I never thought she will brought it up after all these years.

I felt Cassey, who sat beside me, kick Tee under the table. I felt cornered.

I liked? No. It's more than that. I loved her back in college. But since she just admitted thats she didn't like me that way so what am I supposed to say? Besides, for the hundredth time, I AM GETTING MARRIED.

I glance at Tricia, who suprisingly had hopeful eyes but I avoided it and I looked away. I see Lyssa sending me signals to deny it. When I opened my mouth to speak, the others are about to hang on my every words but I was saved by my ringing phone. Peeww!

I checked the caller. It's Nico. I checked my watch, it's almost 8pm. So I excused myself to my friends and answered his call.

"Hi hon." I greeted, trying to be cheerful and brushed off the weight that occurred in my heart.

"Hey. I'm almost there."

"Oh. Alright. Our table's right the rails anyway so it'd be pretty easy to spot us."

"Okay. Be there in five."

"Alright. Take care." I said then I hang up. When I put my phone down, I see everyone staring at me.

"Right. I was answering a question. I'm sorry for the interruption. Ummm... Nico is on his way here in about five. So I'd have to leave first."

They all nodded understandingly.

"So, by any chance, can we get our answer?" Tee pursued her question and she got another kick from Cassey under the table.

"Maybe another time." I say as I stood up as my fiancé approached our table. They followed me with their eyes and so is Tricia. I can feel her stares on my back.

Nico kissed me as I greeted him while others just basically said hi. They see each other often so they're all relaxed with him. But I tensed when his eyes landed on Tricia.

"Bec, you remember Nico, right? Nic, Tricia." I re-introduced them to one another.

"Of course. How could I forget? It's been a long time, Nico." Said Trucia but Nico stretched out his hand to her and she took it politely.

"Yeah. It has been... hmmm... I think the last time I've seen you was in your batch's grad party. Right?"

"I think so." Tricia responded and there was an awkward silence between us all.

"So, you're attending to our wedding?" Nico was the one who broke the silence with a hint of proudness in his voice when he asked.

And just like earlier, me and our friends waited eagerly for Tricia's answer. Then she glanced at me and I glared at her to tell him that she has no option but to say yes.

I know what Tricia's answer to the question would mean. Her, being there, would mean that she will, once again, be a constant in our lives. In my life.

"Most probably. But of course, without any business instances, how can I miss my best friend's wedding? That's once in a lifetime and a biggest moment in her life."

The others cheered. Nico nodded and took my hand, planting a kiss at the back of my hand. I don't understand why I suddenly felt conscious of that gesture when I used to feel appreciated whenever Nico done that to me in front of my friends. But today, it felt different. I felt like I don't want this kind of PDA even though I know it's a small thing or a very minute gesture from him.

"Anyway... I'm so sorry but we have to go first. I'll see you?." I told them and they all nodded in response. I let my gaze linger on Tricia, she nodded along with them but there's something in her eyes that makes my heart beat faster than usual. Her eyes looks sad and hurt but I brushed it off and looked away until I felt Nico's arm around my waist as he too bid goodbye to our friends. Then we walked away from our friends but my mind was still on a specific person behind. I wonder why she have that look in her eyes when she said she had nothing else for me.