VIII

SKY's POV

I woke up at the sound of my phone ringing. I felt it around at my night table and found it. I answered without looking at the caller.

"Good morning, beautiful." It's Nico.

"Morning." I mumbled in my sleepy voice and I heard laughing on his end.

"Looks like I woke you up."

"Yeah. You did." I frankly told him.

"I'm sorry honey. I'll call you back later. Sleep some more."

"Mmm." I answered.

Then I hung up and shifted comfortably on my bed. Just when I was about to surrender to sleep again, my phone rang one more time. I covered my ears with my pillow but it was persistent so I answered it but with annoyance.

"What?!" I snapped.

"SKYLAR?! Tell me about your meeting with Tricia yesterday!" Cassey excitedly said on the other end that I had to pull the phone away from my ear. Her loud, lively voice rings in my head like a fire alarm.

"God, Cas. Couldn't you wait until I told you? Couldn't you wait a bit later? Around eleven or something?"

"Hush up! I don't care about your whines and complains. I asked you a question, so answer me." She said in a controlling voice and I could only roll my eyes at my friend even if I know she will never see me doing it.

"Don't roll your eyes on me." She said and I can't even be surprised anymore. Being best friends for more than ten years brought us to know each other's expressions and everything. What we will know from others about each other won't surprise us. What will surprise us is if we didn't know that about each other yet.

"Ugh! You're so annoying. Let me sleep some more, please." I asked with a bit of hope. But...

"COME ON. WE BOTH KNOW THAT YOU CANNOT SLEEP ANYMORE EVEN IF YOU PUT THIS CALL OUT!"

Bingo. She knows it.

"Yeah. And that's thanks to you." I sarcastically said.

"Oh dear, you're welcome. So now, tell me the details..."

I sat up in bed and run my fingers through my hair. I squinted my eyes and adjusted my sight to the brightness of the room as I checked the clock on my bedside table and it read, 8:15 AM. I don't have any work meetings today so I don't have to hurry. The only meeting I have is this afternoon. It's for my dress fitting so Cassey knows I have the time. I let out a sigh as I got out of bed, walk to the bathroom and gurgled water and mouth wash. Then I walk back to my bed and flopped on it.

"There's nothing to tell..."

I gave her the short story just to annoy her because I think I need a payback for waking me up.

"Skyyyyyyy! Fine! I apologize for waking you up and really not caring about you finishing your sleep. I. AM. SORRY. So now, give me the full details. Is she still the same? How much has she changed? And does she already have a girlfriend?"

I remembered yesterday and I smiled. I remember Tricia's blonde hair that's covering her face when the wind blew and she casually pushing it out of the way but I weirdly found it attractive. I remember the way her eyes sparkled when she laughed, and the way her laugh sounded.

Oh God... I feel like I'm missing her.

"Uhhh, hello? Don't keep the details and story to yourself. You have an audience waiting to be entertained here." Cassey said to bring me back to my senses.

"Fine. Fine..."

I sat up, crossed my legs under me and laid my back against the headboard of my bed. Before I continued, I took a deep breath and close my eyes as I released it, trying to control my thoughts as I recall the very person I was with yesterday.

"Well, Tricia is still the Rebecca Patricia Armstrong we knew. Only, she became more beautiful that the pictures of her didn't give justice to her. Her blonde hair really suits her that I never thought will become you know how much I loved her black hair. She became more fit because she said she workout and sometimes do kickboxing. Her eyes still have the same passion they once held. And she is still attractive, if that's what you want to hear." I told her as I remembered the way Tricia looked. Then I heard Cassey out a sigh from the other line.

"You know that that's not what I want to hear."

And yes, I do know that because Cassey is the only person who knows exactly how I feel... or felt about Tricia. I told her everything when we were in college and she has been so supportive ever since I told her. She kept pushing me to tell her how I felt but I didn't want to. Just because I didn't want to risk our friendship for something that I'm not so sure would have a positive outcome.

"She's still the same. She's still the person whom I could always rely on no matter how much she teased and annoyed the hell out of me. She's still the worst and best teaser in my life after all this time. A bit more confident but I guess but she deserved to be proud. For goodness sake, she works in Exor Enterprises and a department director. She has achieved a lot but she's still the private person we knew her as. Her ideals and principles have changed and became more matured."

For a moment, there was silence on both lines.

"And? How did you feel when you saw her?" She asked whilst knowing the sensitivity and danger in that question.

I closed my eyes because I knew the answer and I didn't like it. Not now, not anymore. Then, I felt hot tears in my eyes threatening to fall but I suppressed them and didn't let them run down my face.

No. Not for Tricia. Not anymore. We're just best friends now and that will remain forever. Besides, I'm marrying Nico soon.

"Sky? Hello?"

"Cas, can we stop talking about this? You're making me sin."

Despite the gravity of it, she laughed a bit but then stopped after a few seconds. This time, she took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry girl... I didn't mean to~"

"It's okay. Thank you for checking up on me. By the way, I mentioned to Tricia that you guys wanted to meet her so you can go ahead and spread the news to the others that she agreed." I said as I know that the others are also dying to see her again.

"Well, that's not a problem. They already know. Tee spread the news faster like a wildfire. Anyway, that's all I wanted to ask. I'll see you for fitting later?"

"Yeah. I'll see you later. Bye."

"Bye."