XVIII

SKY's POV

I sit in my car as the droplets begin to get bigger and pound harder against the roof of my car. My phone is about to run out of battery and there is still no one. After calling Nico, who said he can't make it but will try, I called Lyssa, who said she will come get me but there is still no one. It's been three hours and the sky is already dark. Then my phone's notification dings.

 Then my phone's notification dings

I read Tricia's text. My brows furrowed.

Why is she the one picking me up, Lyssa??? I thought.

Then it didn't take long for me to wait when  I saw headlights flashing from behind. Against the pouring rain, I saw Tricia's car so I rolled down my window as she did so.

"Babe! Are you okay?" She shouted as the thunder began roaring.

I smiled at her as a sign of confirmation that I am now.

"Yeah. Thanks for coming to pick me up." I shouted back.

"Oh, no. I was actually just passing by. I am on my way to my meeting." She joked, grinning softly as she teased.

" Ha. ha. Very funny, Rebecca."

"Alright! Come hop in now. Do you have an umbrella?"

"Yes. Just wait a while and I'll look for it."

I began to check my bag when I heard a knock on my door. Tricia is under an umbrella and she's still wearing her playful smile when suddenly I felt a fluttering feeling in my gut.

"Ummm... Could you make it a little fast? We don't have all night especially with this rain or is it already turning into a storm?" She said as she look around under the umbrella.

"Yeah... right. Alright. Sorry."

Then I hurriedly stepped out of my car. My breath suddenly stopped when I unexpectedly felt her arms wrapped around my shoulder as she puled me close to her, shedding me under the umbrella while half of her body is out and starting to get wet. Guiding me as we walked to her car. She then opened the passenger door and help me as I rode in. Then she took a round in front of her car, back to rode in the driver's side.

I couldn't stop feeling my heartbeat as it keeps drumming louder in my ears while I'm looking at her. Her gesture makes me feel thousands of volts electrifying me which is weird because Nico used to do that to me too. In other words, it's just normal but it affects me in a way I didn't expect to feel.

"So, you've got all the valuables?" She asked, breaking my thoughts and I just realized she's been staring at me already.

"Ha?"

"I mean your important things in the car because we're leaving it there."

"Ah.. Yeah... Y-Yes. Anyway, thank you for coming." I sincerely said and she smiled genuinely before turning to the steering wheel.