XXII

SKY's POV

Tricia finally reached me before I could get in the car. If I'm being honest, I didn't want to talk to her yet because I'm still angry and I'm not in the right state of mind. But she's too stubborn for her own good. And there's something in the way she said my name, it brought chills down my spine. It was gentle but firm. Enough to make my heart beat faster and slower at the same time.

Now she wants to talk but I don't and I can't right now.

"Sky, please look at me." She said almost begging but still I didn't because I'm just as stubborn as she is. So she held my shoulders and turned me to face her in a little forcibly way. I can feel the part of my shoulders she holds burns in her tight grip.

"Please." She pleased more gently this time but with more fire.

So I as sha said, I looked at her but with glaring eyes. What I saw surprised me. Her hair is disheveled. She had puffy bags under her eyes and she looked paler than she usually is. In short, she looked so messed up and shit. But despite these, her eyes were alive unlike a few moments ago in the restaurant where I saw a picture of confusion in them, mix of emotions and indecisiveness. Now, those were all gone and replaced with certainty. Her eyes looked like the Rebecca I knew again.

Suddenly, I felt my anger lessen. But it's not gone, it's still there somewhere.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WA~"

"I love you Sky! I loved you 6 years ago and hell, maybe longer than that. I still love you even now." I heard her say and suddenly I froze.

TRICIA's POV

I felt Sky froze in my arms and I withdrew my hands from her shoulders to give her space right away. I felt myself starting to panic at what had came out of my mouth hut I choose to gulped down my fear and took a deep breath.

I already spilled my truth so why back down? I can't turn back now, right? I think this is it. It's about damn time to let her know.

But before I continue, I tried to stable my breathing first and calm my nerves. It's gonna be okay. After I get it all out of my system, I have to accept the fact that this is the last time I'm gonna talk about it and move on. After all, she have her own life to live with the person she love.

"In that dinner with our friends, I lied when the they asked me if I liked you back in college. Just because I knew it was going to complicate things between us. I'm your best friend and I don't want to mess your already planned life. I was probably assuming but I just really didn't want to admit it. And the reason why I left six years ago was because I was scared. I didn't deserve you, Sky. I know how cliché and how foolish that sounds to you but that was how I felt. I knew I couldn't make you as happy as Nico made you. And I didn't want to hurt you because of my foolishness. I couldn't afford it so I left."

I was looking at her straight in the eyes and her stares got heavier and heavier as the moment passed by until I saw anger swirl and flare around her eyes. But I continued.

"But believe me when I say I regretted what I did and that time of my life. But I was still just a naive girl then and I didn't know that I should have fought. I should have been honest and I should have faced how I felt. I kept saying that you deserved to be happy but deep inside of me, I should have been the one working hard to give you and make you just that. But then, like always , you're right. I was a coward and I'm so sorry that I didn't come through."

And now, here comes the difficult part.

"Then when I came back, I was not expecting to see you or any of the others again. But it happened and I couldn't stay away anymore. What happened the other day, when I kissed you, if I'm going to be honest, I's say that I don't regret that."