IV

SKY's POV

I look straight into Tricia's eyes and her sincerity warmed my heart. But there's something else that I see in those brown orbs that I once loved to look at. Something that's trying to make me feel a rumbling in my stomach. Like a butterfly effect; as they called but on the other hand, I don't know what it is. Or I'm just scared to know what it really is?

I just nodded and smiled.

This is a dangerous conversation. God. I'm engaged. These feelings are all in the past. I reminded myself.

For a moment, I thought that we were both staring at each other. I noticed how much her features changed over the years. Her baby features such as baby fats in her cheeks are almost gone and is now replaced with a fine lines, especially her jaw. I've never seen her look as beautiful as this and so womanly. Sure, way back, she already make anyone swoon over her. Be it boys or girls in our campus but now, she just became more gorgeous. Her short blonde hair is so new to me but I can't lie that that makes her look so hot. I think she got a little taller too and her body became more fit, I can say it from how her shoulders became square. But her eyes still hold the same gentleness, loving and passion.

Tricia was a an ultimate head turner back then. I remembered everyone would come to her and confess almost every day. But she wasn't a player. She didn't play with someone's hearts then throw them away when she loses interest. She always dated whom she liked enough to have a relationship with. But I noticed that most would only last few months until she or that someone realized that it wouldn't work between them.

My train of thought was interrupted when I heard my phone ring. I looked at who the caller id and it's Nico, my fiancé. I glanced at Tricia who gestured that I can take the call. So I gave her an apologetic smile.

"Hi, hon." I said.

"Hey there, gorgeous." Nico said flirtatiously on the other end.

Nico and I met in college too. I was a junior while he was a senior. We got together in my senior year, when he graduated. At that time, Tricia got a girlfriend and I couldn't handle it. Then Nico was there when I tried to recover from the fact that my best friend who I had feelings for so long was in a relationship with someone then somehow, we just got together. I love Nico, don't get me wrong but somehow, sometimes and up until today, Tricia still manages to emerge from my thoughts even before meeting her again. But I convinced myself that no matter what, she is still my best friend so thinking about her is normal.

"So, where are you?" Nico asked.

"I'm in KAIZEN Café. And guess who I ran into today?"

"Who?" He asked curiously.

"REBECCA PATRICIA ARMSTRONG."

Then there was silence. Of course, Nico knows everything and how I felt about Tricia before and until today, she is still his one and only intimidation and insecurity.

"Oh. Cool! It's been such a long time. 6yrs, right? Okay, you two have fun catching up. Anyway, do you want me to pick you up?" He offered but I can hear hesistance in his voice. I know that he's uncomfortable with this situation. But what I like about Nico is he is always understanding.

"No need. I'll be fine. I brought my car with me, so don't worry."

"I love you Hon..."

"I-I love you t-too." I responded but my voice cracked for some reason and I don't know why.