XI

TRICIA's POV

As I watch Sky and Nico walked hand-in-hand, I felt a pang of pain in my chest but relieved at the same time that I denied how I felt about her. I lie, yes. Because I don't want to ruin her happiness or to make things awkward between us because that was a long way back history. It doesn't matter now. Not anymore. Not that she's getting married in few months. Honestly, when Tee asked Sky, I wanted to slap her and tell her to stop, but at the same time, I wanted to hear the answer too. Unfortunately, there's none.

We all took our seats again. And I know, this time, we're ready to order another round of alcohol. So we did. Right after the waiter took our orders, they all leaned in and looked at me as if I'm in a hot seat, ready for interrogation. I raised my eyebrows.

"Okay. Now, tell us the truth, Armstrong. Did you like Sky back in college?" It was Lyssa who asked again and I looked back at her with a shocked expression. I, did not expect that they will still push it in my throat. I thought it's iver and they will just let it go. But as I look at the others, I instantly knew that they had the same question in mind and there's no way to stop. So it wouldn't matter who asked. I know that I can't lie straight to their eyes and they know it too.

"Yes." I answered honestly.

And they leaned back on their chairs with a sigh of relief as if there's a sword that pierced in their throat that is finally pulled out. Silence came between as all and I thought, they are probably thinking about the next question to ask.

"I lied earlier because it didn't matter anymore. She's engaged and if I said it, she would have just teased me about it or things could have been awkward between us. And I will surely regret it for the rest of my life. It's better that she didn't know."

Well, that part is true. They stayed silent.

"How could things be awkward, Trish? That will be so shallow for her if she took it that way. It's all in the past... unless..." cassey voiced out her thought and I know where she's going with this conversation.

"Please, no. Don't even go there Cas because I... d-don't~" I stuttered and swallowed the invisible lump in my throat that suddenly blocked my breathing.

"I don't like her anymore, okay? Let's drop this, guys because it's pointless. It's not like this confession can change anything. She's marrying Nico in two months and I have my own life to live too." I said trying to convince them... or maybe more to myself.

"But what if she weren't? Or what if her answer to Tee's question was YES and she did like you back then? What would you have done?" Cassey pushed her question as if there's more behind it that anyone of us knew.

Okay. If I thought they didn't know how deep I felt for Sky, I was probably wrong. If I weren't, they wouldn't ask me all of these. I told myself and took a deep breath. I pondered a few moments to Cassey's question before I stood firm of my ground.

"Nothing. I would do nothing guys. And what do you really expect me to say or do? Where is this all coming from?" I asked them so I can clearly understand what's going on in their minds. I mindfully scanned their faces but all of them are just too curious, even Tee who is well aware of my real feelings.

"It's just, you've gone away for six years, Trish. And we bet that if Sky didn't accidentally seen you, that six years would take even longer. God knows..." Georgina explained and I detect sadness in her voice.

"You thought we didn't know about how you felt about Sky but in truth, it was pretty obvious. I think only her didn't see or noticed it." Georgina continued and suddenly Cassey and Lyssa choked on their drinks and I wondered why.